Star Trek Starfleet Command III

Yes, If i use the settings from my post everything is working great. If i select the Wine-7.0rc3-GE-1 my cursor is 10 cm away again. I even have the mouse of track using your version lutris-fshack-6.21-x86_64 :joy:. This game is so weird.

Ow the list of weird games is vast. I have the dosbox version of The Need for Speed working but the Windows version? Woof. But then again, that game is even troublesome on my Windows 98 SE system from 1998…

1 Like

Well all i know is that the first gog version of this game had zero issues for me, but since they released fixes either the menu is broken or i lost the mouse. The first release worked great, i could even use different runners.

They release fixes for Windows users. We Linuxers have to deal with them. :slight_smile: Although, Windows users can have issues too. These are old games…

1 Like

Hey @tfk, Either my searchfu has failed me or I’m having a senior moment. Can you point me to where the 1.1 and AMD patches are on the web?

I only have the CD version, and would like to see if I can get it working at high res and/or with the 3.3 mod.

I have another update! this time i managed to get the wine version running with GE and fshack

1. Install the gog installer (rdna one)

2. Follow the instructions here for wintricks

3. Add the game to Lutris with these settings

4. Go to the installation directory and hit dxcfg.exe

5. Change the settings to this

6. Save the file

7. Run the game and you notice the mouse is not off track + the game is full screen. The mouse is gone in the pictures below but i assure you the mouse is there in game :D.

[System]
Arch: x86_64
Kernel: 5.15.11-76051511-generic
Desktop: pop:GNOME
Display Server: x11

[CPU]
Vendor: GenuineIntel
Model: Intel(R) Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
Physical cores: 4
Logical cores: 8

[Memory]
RAM: 31.3 GB
Swap: 4.0 GB

[Graphics]
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 510.39.01
OpenGL Core: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 510.39.01
OpenGL ES: OpenGL ES 3.2 NVIDIA 510.39.01
Vulkan: Supported

1 Like

I believe GOG just uses the 534 patch as it is called on moddb.com:

But it is listed as archived there. I think this is because everyone is using the all in one mod which has also some mods included which were added over the years.

That’s also the one which we used at the beginning of this thread (a few miles scrolling upwards). I think this mod can be installed over the GOG version but I need to test it. I had it working for the CD version I originally got from myabandonware.com.

[quote=“tfk, post:48, topic:8878”]

The image above shows three downloads.

The first, at 580MB, seems to be the game including the 534 patch.
Patch (1.01.534 AMD hotfix to 1.01.534 RDNA fix) is listed at 3 MB.
Patch (1.01.534 AMD hotfix to 1.01.534 AMD hotfix) is listed at 4 MB.

Perhaps I’m confused. I assume the first includes the last official 534b patch?

I’m looking for the other two patches (at 3 MB & 4 MB) to see what they do and if I need them.

I think they are included as the version in the description is exactly the same in both the installer and the patch. And the patch is listed as amd fix to rdna fix.

So amd fix → rdna fix → installer.

That’s how I read it.

Yeah, I found the descriptions unclear at best. Thanks for your take on it.

First release from gog, glow is there (had the installer saved on my drive)

With AMD and RDNA fix, glow is gone

All i needed to do was to install the d3dxof, with the other 2 patches applied my game is useless and wont even startup normally (yes the mouse is back but after a few hours the mouse is gone again). I tried a different application like Bottles, there i can’t even run the RDNA version because it says it cannot draw the glow.