Battlefield 1 and V doesnt start with new installation script

Hi,
A few weeks ago i was able to install and run battlefield v and battlefield 1 trough the installation script for lutris but with the new script (published one or two days ago) i can install Origin but the game doesnt start, with no error on debug and no aparently reason.
Plis can you upload the previous version of the bfv installation script?

Try disabling Origin In-Game, It seems to cause issues when launching games.

Yes, can confirm, without disabling Origin In-Game only a few old games will launch, with it disabled all my Origin games work fine.

I disabled Origin In-Game but still the game wont start at all. Do you guys have directx files in this folder: drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/Battlefield V/__Installer ?

hellow dude, im the same guy from dvxk git hub…in other post they sayd that installing origin throught the lutris script and then from origin install bfv it works…im trying now…can u confirm?

Hi, so i tried with origin from lutris and moved the files and validated and disabled origin-in-game but it does not work

Yes, a finally download again the game to make sure that the files are no corrupted with no luke… In the lutris game page one huy wrote that the game runa changing the conf runner from gtk. 3.21-proton to only gtk-3.21 but o dont know how to do that… Acteru can u add me to origin so we can keep conected to search a solución together? In origin “beyiman” with a picture of a bird

How to change wine versions. @beyiman

I managed to change the versión to no protonified with those instructivos and the game doesnt run :confused: any chance to get the previos lutris install er script?

Read the topic I posted. We can’t help if we don’t know what’s failing.

Hi,
Sorry for not read before. Here’s the neccesary info.

Providing info

Host: GL702ZC 1.0
Kernel: 4.19.8-041908-generic
Uptime: 12 mins
Packages: 2123 (dpkg)
Shell: bash 4.4.19
Resolution: 1920x1080
DE: Xfce
WM: Xfwm4
WM Theme: Greybird
Theme: Greybird [GTK2/3]
Icons: Humanity [GTK2], elementary-xfce-darker [GTK3]
Terminal: xfce4-terminal
Terminal Font: DejaVu Sans Mono 9
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (12) @ 3.200GHz
GPU: AMD ATI Radeon RX 470/480/570/570X/580/580X
Memory: 1512MiB / 16032MiB
Mesa: OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 19.0.0-devel (git-032f247 2018-12-10 cosmic-oibaf-ppa) OpenGL version string: 4.5 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 19.0.0-devel (git-032f247 2018-12-10 cosmic-oibaf-ppa) OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 19.0.0-devel (git-032f247 2018-12-10 cosmic-oibaf-ppa)

Lutris debugging output

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/n6jf5P9wbm/

Debugging output for a game

When i click in “View log’s game…” one message appears “No game log availible”

Thank u!

For Wine and Wine Steam you need to enable this manually:

• Right-click the game > Configure > Runner options > Output debugging info > Enabled.

Here it is
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/6tW7BgSxxC/

Gonna double tap this thread, BF1 was working on my system (Ubuntu 18.10, 1080 Ti 415.18 drivers) using lutris but now fails to start when using any wine runner to include tkg-3.21 and tkg-3.20, I will provide logs when I get home, but for now I will add that if I attempt to execute the bf1.exe it will load but then crash with a warning about drivers being out of date…

Well the install script just changed the way Origin installs so it fails less and the wine version. I don’t see how it would affect BFV. Anyway here’s the old script:

battlefield-v.yml (1.5 KB)

To install it make sure Lutris is closed, open a terminal, and type lutris -i battlefield-v.yml

Thnx!! It works for me, now can i play the game… The error was the New installation script, u must use the old one and the gam start… Please uodate the New script for the old or put a message for the People Who want to install the game advised uses the old one.
Cheers!

Thx - works for me too now ! (hint: the yml is invalid on line 33 or so because of the line break)

How it works for u? For me its super choppy… Runa ay 70-100fps but every 5 seconds stop the image and 9 of 10 times kick me from servees for low fps or something… Did u put any adicional config?

What is your GPU/CPU/Memory? I noticed a decrease in performance comparable to going from a 1060 on windows to in effect 1050 ti performance on Ubuntu…

Amd rx 580 and ryzen 5 1600 with 16 ddr4 ram… Its installed on ssd