Battlefield 1 and V doesnt start with new installation script

Mmm… So it could be similar to what I experienced with my GTX 1060 6GB and Xeon E3-1271v2… I snagged a 1080 ti and now have no stutters ever… Are you running eysnc?

Yep. Do you have stutters with when u have the 1060? How do you solve it?

I bought a 1080 ti. :stuck_out_tongue: Seriously, I just recognized that for the time being, as linux gaming continues to evolve, if I am going to be able to push 1440p with the lack of optimizations compared to windows I was going to need a more powerful card… I would again suggest ensuring that esync is active, and to also look at your GPU load and/or CPU loads…

Could you do me a favor and update the prefix to tkg-3.21? I want to see if it’s 100% the scripts problem. You can change back to 3.18 afterwards. Thanks.

I tested the old script now with: tkg-protonified-3.21 and DXVK 0.94 + Esync that works

the stutters are caused by the “Post-Processing” Setting => set to Low and anything else Ultra and the stutters are gone, at least on my system.

what ar u specs? i noted when the map start is very choppy but after is being a lot less and read this may be the state caché…there is any way to make the state cache process more faster?

Thanks

Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1230 v3 @ 3.30GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB MSI
16GB DDR4

So this settings works well for Nvidia, maybe diffrent on AMD

I am going to second this one, I had some issues recently that required me to reinstall BF1 and when using the tkg-3.21-protonified it would stutter unless I set post-processing to low… that is with an E3-1271v2 (i7 4790), 16GB DDR3 1600, SSD, and a GTX 1080 ti… though honestly I don’t remember this being an issue a month or two a go with my gtx 1060?

Does anyone have an update like this for other origin games? I am having identical issues but with mirrors edge catalyst. Is there some archive of old lutris install scripts? Also the cataltyst install script and the bfv install script differ by having that shader_disk_cache_path. Is that important?

after reading this, i created a dxvk.conf with this example and changed the dxgi.customVendorId 's value set to 10DE

It is now running buttersmooth on my machine in FullHD.

R7 2700x
16GB Ram
RX 580 4GB

Can u please upload or copy the file?
We have almost de same specs… What mesa drivers do u use?

Modified Example Conf:

with VendorID

https://paste.xinu.at/Lsj/

edited Lutris Settings to point to the dxvk.conf

DXVK_CONFIG_FILE=/home/xxx/dxvk.conf

local/mesa 18.3.1-1
An open-source implementation of the OpenGL specification

Is it working?

Hello, I have the same issue with games on Origin installed in Lutris. I add to my dxvk.conf that line and it looks like this:

dxgi.customVendorId = 10DE 
dxgi.nvapiHack = False

but that doesn’t help.

Host: Inspiron 7577 
Kernel: 5.8.9-arch2-1 
Uptime: 4 hours, 13 mins 
Packages: 1472 (pacman), 30 (flatpak) 
Shell: bash 5.0.18 
Resolution: 1920x1080 
DE: GNOME 3.36.6 
WM: Mutter 
WM Theme: vimix-dark-doder 
Theme: Qogir-win [GTK2/3] 
Icons: Vimix [GTK2/3] 
Terminal: tilix 
CPU: Intel i5-7300HQ (4) @ 3.500GHz 
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630 
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Mobile 
Memory: 3180MiB / 15627MiB 

I read that in Wayland session it’s working smooth but that is not a option because I use Optimus Manager.

Regard.