WoW not working with new patch 8.15

Hello Biffster,
“the only stupiest question are those that are not asked”
Now that’s the bug is fixed by Blizzard, you can choose Directx11 non legacy, if your hardware support it.
Dxvk replace only DIrectx10 and DirectX11. For Direct12 on wine, you have to install vkd3d.

I haven’t played with vkd3d yet – you have any basic instructions on how to setup a prefix properly using it? I did a google, then even a bing search and found nothing. I presume that any prefix rigged for dxvk is going to have some overrides that break vkd3d, so I need to start with a fresh one. Or am I wrong? Not specifically to wow, btw, any game instructions would be great.

Thanks!

I just used a prefix generated by the dxvk lutris installer. Just don’t launch the game with dxvk enabled, cause then it won’t be installed on the prefix.

1 Like

I made it work by nuking the prefix and rerunning the installer. I saw that it was updated and whatever edit was made to the installer made the game work. Have been running without problems since then.

I looked and it was an updated dxvk version, patched to address blizzards f-up. My previous post is another way to get a working prefix from one that broke, up until the dxvk team officially released a fix. Now, I would just say to update WoW and it has a fix that addresses all of this and works again on dxvk going back to the .7x series.

1 Like

I had the same problem. After the patch battle net would give an error and not start the game.

I was able to manually go in and run the game but my frame rates was between 4 and 1 and totally unplayable.

What I ended up doing is upgrading to wine ver 4 and then reinstalling WOW. Runs perfect now with a steady 100 FPS no matter what I am doing in game.

Note: I had to go into Synaptic Package Manager and remove all instances of wine. Totally uninstall my old version of wine (3.8 staging) and then follow the install Wine ver 4 tutorials online. Others might not have to do that. Try to upgrade yours first and if it wont upgrade then you will have to go the path I went probably.

Linux Mint Cinnamon

With dxvk 1.0.1, wow runs without crush. However, I observe another issue. If I play > 1h, wow will start slowing down (eg. fps drop and freeze several sec). This effect getting worse if keep playing. By quit and restart the game, wow back to normal. I highly suspect this is due to memory leakage. Has anyone also noticed? Is there a solution?

I dont have that issue.

I am running with tkg4.3 wine, dxvk 1.0.1, esync. I had just replaced my gpu, but same config on my old 970 and on my rx590. Both ran things well.

Thanks for the URL you shared with us. You may refer https://routerlogin.one/192-168-8-1/ guide and then try running wow with new patch 8.15. You might get some improved results.