World of Warcraft 'streaming error'

I had started fresh when I used that application so I had to add everything back in but it wasn’t too hard, just a little time consuming.
I tried out the Twitch App and that worked perfectly, but sadly, I had to reformat the other week and now when I go to install the Twitch App via Lutris it fails.
I see that there is a fix for it in the Pull Requests tab, so I will just need to wait for it to be merged and a new release to come out before I can try it again.

Thanks for the info.

This is actually a known issue kind of stuff, I have Overwatch running using DXVK on Fedora 29 and when I stream even using OBS, it records black with just the overwatch mouse movement showing. This is a DXVK specific error. Try using WD3D and it should stream fine !

So, after a bit of digging, this is what you have to do:

Replace the Cache folder in ‘/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/World of Warcraft/’ with a Windows version. There are some git repositories out there floating around with said Cache folder in it. Running Xubuntu 18.04.1 LTS and this fixed the Streaming Error. I also, as a precaution, disabled streaming in the Blizzard app. Hope this helps!

Link to Git Repo with Windows Cache:
https://github.com/1thumbbmcc/wowcache

1 Like

oct 4th 2019 and this problem just popped up for me. You guys were right disabling addons fixed it. Thanks

There’s no reason to play without addons. Just fix the cache as explained earlier and keep your addons up to date.

Sorry for the necro
Have the dreaded Streaming Error (WOW51900322)
mint 19.2
was working on Wednesday 6th Nov without issues
have used the clean cache files, deleted addons folder, tried logging in on multiple toons and realms, ran the scan/repair, deleted wtf folder.
This only happens for retail, can log in and play in classic wow without issue.
kinda at a loss about what else to try/do next… any ideas would be appreciated ?

Edit: tried on another linux OS still same issue.
found my windows ssd and loaded into it… logged onto toons no problem, copied the cache folder from that install, and applied it to the linux installed version, still produces the same issue
the only change i see is the nvidia packages were updated 18.04.1 to 18.04.2 on the 8th

Same issue. Played last night, logged on to play tonight, boom. I wonder what changed?

Deleted WTF and Cache, no improvement. I haven’t tried Classic at all.

edit: hauled in a cache from The Internets, that enabled things again. Weird and wrong behavior. Also gave Classic a whirl, no issues detected.

where’d you get that cache files from ?
The ones linked above?
I tried them and my own, and to no avail…

I just installed it the other day because I wanted to get back into WoW. Moday it worked fine after I used the cache from: https://github.com/1thumbbmcc/wowcache
But today on the 13th after WoW was updated I get the streaming error again. I have tried 4 different caches I found. I have not tried logging in on Windows since I do not posses a Windows machine but reading @darthbob and his entry worries me a lot… It’s worth noting I do not own BfA at the moment, only Legion. I decided not to buy it before I was 100% sure that my game was working.

@officernice so the funny thing is about that… while I couldn’t get via linux on Sunday, I ended up playing via windows, until this Wednesday just gone when i loaded it and got the latest patch update, im able to now get log in and play again in linux…

same ad Darthbob had to set up an install of windows on a SSD to enjoy playing but now that P2 Classic is released I can log in properly no more error

I’m just sitting here with a deep, deep sigh… I’ve been reading a handful of forums now and nobody knows what causes it. Nobody knows how to fix it. Until I read your post that your Windoze cache did not work I was quite optimistic. xD

Are we 1000% that it is only related to the cache?

Cache fix worked before but after reinstall of Ubuntu getting WOW51900322: streaming error again

Hi,

I simply reinstalled the game using its own installer world-of-warcraft This way I separated WoW from Starcraft an Diablo 3.
Maybe this occures because of some Cache files or Addons or something else. I installed and downloaded everthing new. I am lucky to have very fast internet speed.

giving read permission to everyonone for cache folder fixed this for me.

Received this error and replacing my Cache directory with the one at https://github.com/1thumbbmcc/wowcache/ fixed it for me.

Also fixed it for me thanks!

Ok folks here is what I did to fix this problem. I deleted the cache and the WTF folders went to a linked harddrive that has a windows version installed. replaced the cache and the wtf but added the gpu cache and it fixed my problem right away.
Hope this works for everyone, enjoy.

After fighting with this for months, I found a definitive solution that has solved this problem instantly and consistently across multiple versions of Ubuntu:

Install WoW on an NTFS partition

This also solved my problem back in 2018, but I didn’t realize it at the time; I was dual-booting, and when I installed to ext4 I’d get this error. Installing from Windows and mounting the Windows partition in Linux fixed it. A few other people have stumbled across this solution as well (linking to a Windows install, for example), but nobody realized that this makes the difference.

To be clear, you don’t need Windows to do this. Just create a new partition formatted NTFS within Linux, copy your existing WoW folder to it (no reinstall is needed), delete the cache folder entirely, and go nuts.

1 Like