[Solved] Overwatch exits during gameplay

I tried lutris-6.1-3, but just crashed after maybe 2 hours. Might be less common than 6.0, which I used before. But definitely not gone.

Trying lutris-5.7-11 now.

Yeah I also crashed with 6.1-3, I guess I got a lucky with my no crash gameplay.

Wine TKG 6.9-11 (Fedora COPR), played a couple hours, no crash during that session.

5 days with lutris-5.7-11 and not a single crash. Just saying.

Same, but with 6.9 and now 6.10. If no more crashes happen in the future, maybe a Blizz patch got it resolved.

When using lutris wine 6.10 I noticed that Overwatch is running only at 60 refresh rate even if it is set to 144 hz.

You alt-tabbed. Press alt+enter to enter windowed mode and then fullscreen again. It goes into 60 FPS because it thinks your window is unfocused, hence saving the GPU performance.

Also I’m no longer experiencing any kind of crashes on the latest Wine and game versions, so resolved for me, somehow.

Anyone else can confirm that 6.10 has no crashes and working voice chat? I don’t want to risk my endorsement level falling even lower so I would prefer not to have to test myself.

No, I still have crashes. It seems to run more stable, though. But that might as well just be pure luck. I also thought that at the beginning with 6.9 and then it started crashing every hour.
The voice chat was working for me in every version, including 5.7 and 6.10. I guess this is a different problem.
I’m currently using System (6.10 (Staging)). Lutris 6.10 and Lutris 6.10-2 have weird fps drops. Every 2 seconds I get no frames for a couple of miliseconds. The fps-graph (strg.+shift+n) looks like this: ^^^^^^^^^^^_____________^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^____________________^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I’ve been playing for days and days without a single crash, Wine 6.10-tkg on Fedora 34 w/ RTX 2070S, Wine sourced from COPR. I think I’ve noticed my performance drop though, compared to what it used to run at. Not sure if it’s just nocebo or real, since I don’t have any reliable historic data.

Where is that comming from? It’s not even on github.

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/patrickl/fedora-wine-tkg-esync-fsync/

So this is not actually Wine 6.10-tkg, but rather Wine 6.10 built with tkg patches as of the date this was built at? This might be an important difference as we might be talking about different wine versions.

Any updates on the stability of this? Not hearing anything out of this topic for almost 2 weeks is a little odd…

It’s working fine with lutris-6.10-5 for me for about a week now.

I have the problem with fps-drops also with Lutris 10-1, 6.10-2, 6.10-3, 6.10-7-fshack and TKG-6.11.r3 from Github.
I don’t know whether it is related, but it came with the fix for the crashes.
I opened a new thread for it, as it is a different problem and doesn’t seem to affect everyone: Overwatch fps-drops with Lutris and TKG Wine Version

Edit: I just had a crash with Lutris 6.12 Staging.
Edit2: Wine-tkg-6.11.r4 solves the issue.

@waldelb Unfortunately to me that seems like something specific to your system, as you said. My FPS are stable, albeit a bit lower than they used to be (across the board, not just with OW), and I haven’t had a single crash in a month or so, playing for a few hours every few days.

EDIT: The performance drop may have been a result of me not noticing that my RAM speed dropped to 2133 from 3200 after reseating it some time ago.

After playing for several hours on wine version 6.10-7 I have noticed zero random crashes. If I get any then I will make sure to post here, but as is I think I can declare the issue to be fixed.

I’ve been using 6.10-7 for about 20 days on both nVidia and AMD card with zero issues, so I believe it’s fixed.

Updated title to reflect the user feedback. I’m still playing on a separate Win10 partition.