[SOLVED] Error 132 WOW

Sorry my bad English
Most of the time I get the 132 error, it always happens when loading the initial screen when I change character, or with the first character.
My configuration is as follows:
OS: Debian GNU/Linux testing bookworm
Arch: x86_64
Kernel: 5.18.0-2-amd64
Desktop: GNOME
Display Server: x11

Vendor: AuthenticAMD
Model: AMD FX™-6300 Six-Core Processor
Physical cores: 3
Logical cores: 6

RAM: 15.6 GB
Swap: 9.3 GB

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 510.73.08
OpenGL Core: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 510.73.08
OpenGL ES: OpenGL ES 3.2 NVIDIA 510.73.08
Vulkan: Supported

and my log error is:

if you need more data ask for it.

Thanks in advance for replying.

1 Like

I count my progress.

I installed winbind as indicated in the log and I can no longer see the errors due to its absence.

Remove VSyn both in the NVidia manager and inside the game, (FPS went up).

The error 132 still appears but less, and always when loading a character, once the character is loaded everything works fine.

If anyone has any idea where to touch or what to adjust I would appreciate it because although I can play well, I would like to leave everything well adjusted.

Thank you.

Made sure you have the popper dependencies?

missing drivers?

other infos

If you know where your “retail” folder is located (should be in the location where you used Battle Net Launcher to install WoW), you should find a folder under that called errors which would normally have a dmp and txt file with details on the 132 error. See if you can post one of the txt files here to show what WoW is reporting the problem is. Sometimes that particular 132 error can be caused by a physical problem with your RAM (such as overheating on a hot day or has a failure) or an expected DLL was unloaded incorrectly (happens if you use dx12 with WoW and enable vkd3d caching).

Hello and thank you all for responding.

Referring to the guides indicated by Impcpdz, comment that I reviewed all the libraries indicated and they are installed.

In the wine staging installation I followed the indications of the winehq page for Debian bokworm.

I installed the proprietary NVidia 510 drivers from the O.S. .deb packages.

Install Lutris without observing any errors, verify that the Arial font is installed.

I don’t know how to verify if something is missing or if everything is working correctly.

Here is the link to the latest error file as requested by Jhu at first glance the only error I see is the one that tells me the game itself can not read a memory.
It always happens when I access the game or change character, never after.

At the moment I’m using directx 11 instead of 12 that the screen stays black and frozen.



/// edited
I see that in all the error files, it talks about the sapi.dll library I’m going to add it to winecfg and try it.

(thanks Jhu, I didn’t know it saved the error files in that subdirectory).

After a few days of testing I never got the 132 error again, if I notice any problem when an npc casts a spell usually stops the game momentarily, but that will be adjusting the graphics quality or buy a new graphics card.

In the end the solution in case it happens to someone in the future, was to override the sapi.dll library, you enter the winecfg select the library and override it (disabled).

I still don’t understand why a library works if you disable it, it must not be very necessary.

Well, thanks for your help, greetings.

1 Like