There are a lot of DirectX installations going on, but I’m without sound on this one. Sound works perfectly for Starcraft II, which I also use in Lutris. I therefore suppose it has something to do with the installation. If you want, I can try it again, deleting the installation and making sure it is clean, and then reinstalling from scratch from within Lutris.
Basically, what I did to install it was the following :
- Go to the games (in the web browser)
- Find Epic Games Launcher
- (clicking on install from the browser doesn’t launch Lutris, but instead shows me an error within the browser). So instead, I do Add to my library.
- I start up Lutris, and after synchronizing, Epic Games Launcher can be installed.
- I press on play, and let Lutris do its business until I get an option to start the game.
- I close the installation, press on play, and get to the login screen
- Logging in in the launcher, and installing Fortnite from the within.
- After installation, I launch the game, and try to play (no sound).
(Testing it right now, I will keep you updated as soon as I get the new update of 2.8Gb done)
Update : It seems the new update broke it. Latest updated installed BattlEye, which is the first service that is starting. It opens in a window and tells me it tries to start BattleEye. But it doesn’t go further. I suppose BattlEye doesn’t like Wine ? Impossible to go further in the game now. Just a window telling “Starting BattlEye service…”