Red Dead Redemption 2 - is it working?

Has anyone got Red Dead Redemption 2 working!?

I get the impression no one has so far :confused:

For me the installation works with the launcher but, it stops working after starting:

Waiting on children
2019-11-10 13:07:21,333: Unable to read stat for process 16359
2019-11-10 13:07:21,333: Unable to read stat for process 16359
All children gone
Exit with returncode 5

Yeh I’m getting the same thing. I’ve got it all installed, I’ve tried verifying the game files and deleted my local profile in the launcher and then re-logged in, but it just crashes and exits when trying to launch the game. Apparently this happens to some Windows users too, but I’m guessing that’s been fixed seeing as the launcher hasn’t been patched for days.

I’m hoping someone will figure out how to get it working. If the game uses the same engine as GTA V then it should do. It seems to be the launcher that’s the issue as far as I can tell.

Both the game and the launcher received several updates during the last couple of days. Can you guys try again ?

Nope still get the same thing…

Waiting on children
2019-11-15 11:42:27,205: Unable to read stat for process 32619
2019-11-15 11:42:27,205: Unable to read stat for process 32619
2019-11-15 11:42:27,205: Unable to read stat for process 32726
2019-11-15 11:42:27,205: Unable to read stat for process 32726
All children gone
Exit with returncode 9

Still not working for me either :frowning:

This log will not help solve the problem.

this we know, however its the only output we get…

Wait for the hacked version or steam ( even if it s not said it will work day 1 like star Wars Jedi fallen order)

Pretty sure you shouldn’t be promoting pirated games on here… Anyway, I don’t see any reason for the Steam version to work any better. It’s still gonna have the Rockstar games launcher on top of Steam and the game files will be the same. The Lutris Wine build has the proton modifications built in too. Am I wrong?

U right the proton build in wine = in steam but if there is any kind of contract between steam and rockstar they can make fix directly in proton.
And for the pirated game just make game without drm I will buy them

Yeh and if they make that fix in Proton, the Lutris Wine build will inherit it, right? We can also use the Steam Wine/Proton builds in Lutris. So I still see no reason why the Steam version will have more of a chance of working…

Please keep the pirated games talk out of this thread. I don’t want it to get locked. Thanks.

Anyone made any progress yet? I’m still getting the same thing - Try to launch the game but nothing happens then the Rockstar games launcher just quits :confused:

Ok. The Steam version is out now. Let’s see what Valve can do with Proton…

Doesn’t look so good at the moment:

-> https://steamcommunity.com/app/1174180/discussions/0/1750142311549013261/
-> https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/3291

I was hoping Valve had been working on getting it running in the month+ they had leading up to the Steam release. They must’ve been… But I guess they haven’t quite got it sussed yet. That Rockstar launcher appears to be the main issue here as it still causes issues for Windows users… I’m sure we’ll be able to play this eventually!

I hope so, too. And keep my fingers crossed.

Anyone tried proton ge

I’ve seen people on the Steam forums and Protondb saying they have, but none of them have got it working :confused: As for me, I’ve just tried the builds that come with Lutris.

I did, too. No success.