Native lutris fps counter?

Hello,

Is there a native lutris or dxvk fps counter that works across all games?

Thank you.

1 Like

DXVK_HUD=fps in environment variable

this solution only works for DXVK based games.

CTRL+ALT+F shows an FPS counter on Wine-based games in general. For emulators and other stuff, they should have their built-in configurable FPS counters as wellā€¦

And?
Re-read his questionā€¦ My answer is good for him (better than no answer)!

tried the dxvk_hud ā€¦ and it works.
If the oportunity arises for the ctrl+alt+F situations i"ll try that too.

Hope this thread will help others.

thank very much you all.

thereā€™s also https://glxosd.nickguletskii.com/ for native games, havenā€™t tested it but seems like you just need to preload it on anything that uses opengl.

it is discontinued due to the developer having a real life though, but might be a starting point?

actually maybe one could make something preloadable that somehow detects what library the gameā€™s using (thereā€™s pretty much just opengl, sdl and vulkan to care about i think) and count+overlay the fps?

that said, the steam overlay already does this and you can actually preload it on non-steam games, if you want that instead.

If this doesnā€™t work for me (DXVK-only game, so it must be running with DXVK), what could be my mistake?

If could mean that you donā€™t have DXVK properly set-up.

In lutris, this means toggling the ā€˜dxvkā€™ box and putting DXVK_HUD in environment variables in putting the value to ā€œ1ā€ in the appropriate columns.

In my case, I didnā€™t have the packages installed correctly. This had my DXVK working on 64-bit games, but not on 32-bit games (example: Warframe, last year)

I talked briefly about this in this question.