League of Legends Reconnect Loop

Hi, thank you! These are my logs:
I’m using Linux Mint and have this problem since that update you made on november :frowning:

Start monitoring process.
ERROR: ld.so: object ‘/usr/$LIB/libgamemodeauto.so.0’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object ‘/usr/$LIB/libgamemodeauto.so.0’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
esync: up and running.
wine: RLIMIT_NICE is <= 20, unable to use setpriority safely
MESA-INTEL: warning: Ivy Bridge Vulkan support is incomplete
Initial process has exited (return code: 0)
4259.333:0954:0958:info:vkd3d-proton:vkd3d_instance_apply_application_workarounds: Program name: “LeagueClientUxRender.exe” (hash: f676b078b8a3bc16)
4259.333:0954:0958:info:vkd3d-proton:vkd3d_instance_deduce_config_flags_from_environment: shader_cache is used, global_pipeline_cache is enforced.
4259.333:0954:0958:info:vkd3d-proton:vkd3d_config_flags_init_once: VKD3D_CONFIG=‘’.
4259.352:0954:0958:err:vkd3d-proton:vkd3d_instance_init: Vulkan 1.3 not supported by loader.
4259.464:0954:0958:err:vkd3d-proton:vkd3d_instance_init: Vulkan 1.3 not supported by loader.
4259.576:0954:0958:err:vkd3d-proton:vkd3d_instance_init: Vulkan 1.3 not supported by loader.
4259.748:0954:0958:err:vkd3d-proton:vkd3d_instance_init: Vulkan 1.3 not supported by loader.

Same here, performance problem, impossible to play, like 40% of the game in 2/5 fps and back to 60 and down again.

Flatpak installation (Update with latest release : wine-osu-tkg 9.0-rc1-v2 Release)
Ubuntu 23.10 (wayland don’t know if important)
4K screen

Amd 6600XT, open source driver from the kernel

performance is fine on my end but after a game or 2 the client hangs forever on “still in game” after the match ends. happens on both the 9.0-rc and ge-lol-8-27

Okay just to give everyone an update. There is a new lutris runner that runs the client and game a lot better than the 9.0-rc1 release. That is the new wine-ge-lol-8-27. This runner can be installed directly via lutris using the lighter icon next to wine under the runners section on the lower left of the lutris main screen. If things don’t work. Don’t bother trying the 8-25 or 8-26 versions as they only fix minor things to have nothing to do with game function (if you have to ask it is because I am on the dev team over at league of linux). Currently there is also a version of the runner on arch called wine-lol-staging. DON’T USE THAT AUR PACKAGE. It will result in a ban due to a missing patch. Hopefully you guys read this first before trying stuff. Also, if you want to know what fixed the bug it was a problem on our end not riot’s. Wine had a thread set context bug that led to crashing. Hopefully there won’t be too much changing in the future. You can check in to see what’s up at our discord server here: League of Linux

3 Likes

I’ve just tried what you said, and it worked… Partially. I was able to realize about this because I first ran the game with the old Wine lutris-ge-lol-p8-12 and made a private room, but it didn’t launch and showed the reconnect button that didn’t work.
I closed the game and changed it to lutris-ge-lol-8-27 and the game launched directly! But when I returned to the client, all I could see was a black screen.
So, at least for me, with the lutris-ge-lol-p8-12 the clients works fine, but the game doesn’t launch.
And with lutris-ge-lol-8-27, the game launches, but the client doesn’t work.
I did the trick playing an Aram, first with the old wine, then when it launched I closed the game and change it to the new one, and I was able to play (and won hahah).
But I don’t think that’s practical.
I hope it can be fixed in the next update, to have both things working in one version, and thank you!!

Okay, so don’t just switch to the new runner. You may want to reinstall with a completely fresh prefix. The client black screen is usually caused on first startup, and simply closing and restarting can fix the issue. If that doesn’t work, turning off fsync and restarting can fix it too. If that works, then you close the client again, turn fsync back on and restart the client. It is tough, but we can also help you troubleshoot issues more effective on the discord server. We have tons of helpful people over there. Most of the issues unfortunately come down to a combination of user error and having a bad prefix.

1 Like

To fix this error. Set your dxvk version to 1.10, your issue is due to ivy bridge not supporting all the vulkan extensions used by recent dxvk versions.

1 Like

Hi! Thank you very much for your help! :slight_smile: Yes, I thought about it, but since it was already 2 am, and I was sleepy, I let that for today.

I tried this but my reconnect loop problem is still exits. I use wine-ge-lol-8-27-x86_64. How can fix this?

It depends a lot on what exactly is going on. Have you tried a completely fresh Lutris prefix? That means completely removing the game and reinstalling it in Lutris. Make sure you have selected the new runner in the Lutris configure options under the runner tab. You can also join us over on the discord server, where we have people who can more than likely help. League of Linux.

Good Job bro! Thanks alot.
(I used Bottles in Debian 12)

Still doesn’t work for me, same reconnect loop, except I get an error dialogue from the client now. Happens on the flatpak version of Lutris too, so it doesn’t seem to be anything on my system, unless it’s Wayland somehow causing it. The Discord invite doesn’t work either…

I got it work earlier this way: Disable DXVK from runner options before launching client. after champselect When loading screen should appear I close LoL from lutris and Enable DXVK and launch again and boom! loading screen appears.

Now this method doesn’t work either. I have latest lutris GE proton8-27-LOL runner version