League of Legends Reconnect Loop

I tried deleting the wine files too so it would be forced to redownload them, still no dice

I am experiencing the same issues. For what I gather, Riot is completely switching to 64 bit. Some older libraries stop working with every passing patches. I tried a fresh install without success. I tried to force the 64 bit Architecture on the runner options without success. I tried reinstalling the libraries without success. I tried to revert to my old GE proton 7 without success. I must have toggled every options back and forth at least twice. I am running out of ideas.

3 Likes

i tried and switched because of this error many OS : Fedora, Nobara, OpenSuse. Nothing still same error that loops in reconnect any info by riot about this ?

Same issue, I reinstalled on a new rig and thought i’d broken something. just found this thread and adding my +1.

same problem, lutris on linux mint.

this is a client bug and it has been reported by both linux and windows users
wait for rito to release a fix,
maybe next year if they’re quick

7 Likes

Is this really a client bug? I don’t have issues logging in or messing with client. Game itself that’s broken.

1 Like

the game client or the game itself are technically both clients, they both interact with the master server.

that being said it’s apparently a game launcher bug and not related to the game itself. but in any case lots of linux (if not all) are bieng concerned by this problem along with multiple windows users.

don’t expect rito to give a fuck about us and provide a fix. however, because this is also affecting the main target platform aka microshaft wangblows, a fix should hopefully get released soon

3 Likes

Hi,

While we don’t (and probably won’t) officially support Linux, I actually use Lutris at home. If y’all could pass me any logs you have, I’ll pass them along to the League folks and hopefully we can get this fixed.

13 Likes

This is my latest log from a custom wine build forked from wine-ge-lol with patches to try and debug it. While it didnt work, behaviour was identical the latest wine-ge-lol used to play the last league patch.

This is a memory dump from the crash

1 Like

Here are the logs from my latest attempt to start a game: Filebin | bk3yio1z7ghz5q2s
The logs corresponding to the actual game starting (or rather, not starting) are from line ~240 onwards.

I have some additional information regarding the issue. It seems the issue is not launcher side but game side. It appears that stub.dll is causing the issue. That is what we know so far. It seems to crash right away with no real errors for most of us. For me, it doesn’t even give a bugsplat. It just dies instantly. The launcher then tries to pass information to it but fails and thus creates the reconnect loop. It is easily reproducible with wine-ge-lol-8.12 which is the current lutris version of wine used for league. Aside from that, the launcher end works without a hitch. Hopefully riot can get to the bottom of this, but the place to look is likely stub.dll and the changes made there.

Here is a copy of the logs for League of Legends.exe

Absolutely based. Thanks!

I’m facing the same problem, if someone found out something please comment here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, tried to do a Lutris install to collect logs here aswell.

Here is my hardware info:

[System]
Arch:            x86_64
Kernel:          6.5.6-76060506-generic
Desktop:         pop:GNOME
Display Server:  x11

[CPU]
Vendor:          GenuineIntel
Model:           11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz
Physical cores:  4
Logical cores:   8

[Memory]
RAM:             15.5 GB
Swap:            19.5 GB

[Graphics]
Vendor:          Intel
OpenGL Renderer: Mesa Intel(R) Xe Graphics (TGL GT2)
OpenGL Version:  4.6 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 23.1.9 (git-acb5ee278a)
OpenGL Core:     4.6 (Core Profile) Mesa 23.1.9 (git-acb5ee278a)
OpenGL ES:       OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 23.1.9 (git-acb5ee278a)
Vulkan Version:  1.3.224
Vulkan Drivers:  Intel(R) Xe Graphics (TGL GT2) (1.3.246)

Here are the lutris logs (Output debugging info to Enabled and lutris -d): https://files.catbox.moe/60l0nt.txt

Hope it can help solve the issue. Can do further testing if needed.

1 Like

i’ve already tried change the VKD3D to 2.11 (some people on proton disc apparently get run changing this, idk why), but to me nothing works until now.

wine people is trying to resolve this but nothing yet RIP

1 Like

Tried it (was a bit long to setup). It does not change anything on my machine.

I tried it using: Release Version 2.11 · HansKristian-Work/vkd3d-proton · GitHub and not the lutris fork so I had to compress the zst by myself. I don’t think the fork adds anything but the compression format for the releases (I did not see any patch, but maybe I missed something).

“While we don’t (and probably won’t) officially support Linux”

funny how rito refuses to support Linux despite the fact that they support MacOS which has a even lower playerbase

“but there are more LoL players on MacOS than on Linux”

maybe because it’s TOTALLY UNSUPPORTED, the linux community has to do everything just to get the game running, rito doesn’t give the slightest fuck about linux players

however, because Rito’s getting a shit ton of money from China, and that country is willing to ditch microshaft wangblows for linux, we can hope that rito will end up making a linux port of LoL

I’m pretty new to Lutris and have had issues with a couple of games, like Baldur’s Gate 3 yesterday, where rolling back the NVIDIA drivers from 535 to 525 helped, League is the only thing that I’ve hit a total brick wall with :frowning:

Running with the wine version ‘lutris-ge-lol-p8-12-x86_64’ got me into the actual client finally, but changing this like Esync/Fsync/Virtual Desktop etc. doesn’t help from there.

Was it working for you guys before this, like a week ago or so? I wonder if the guy claiming to be a Riot employee uses Lutris for League or is just saying he uses it in general for other games
Has this happened in the past for you guys? What kind of things helped back then? Or could it maybe be a newer update is finally conflicting with the wine runner file or something?

Whatever it is, I hope someone figures something out soon :eyes:
I’ll keep messing with mine day to day, fingers crossed

In regards to the Baldur’s Gate problem you had, it usually has no problems running with steam’s proton. Both experimental and the latest version work for me if you want to try that out.

As for the league problem, assuming what @Dantheman1911 said was correct, the issue is not really on us to fix, as it’s a game-side issue with a file on Riot’s end, so probably adjusting your wine configuration won’t do you a lot of good.

Also, yes, about a week and a half ago league was working without issue on Lutris and it stopped working without any change in configuration, so I’m inclined to believe that it is indeed a server-side issue on Riot’s end.