League of Legends no longer runs

KKKKKKKKKKKKK anão

2 Likes

Aproveitem então pra tirar um dia de reflexão amanhã KKKKK

2 Likes

“O que é… a vida?” - ABUJAMRA, Antônio

2 Likes

Update: The game still won’t open, but the error message no longer appears (Lutris standard install script).

1 Like

Confirmed for me after theese automatic updates on Ubuntu:
alsa-ucm-conf libpulse-mainloop-glib0 libpulse0 libpulse0:i386 libpulsedsp pulseaudio pulseaudio-module-bluetooth pulseaudio-utils

1 Like

Excuse me?

1 Like

I just did apt-get upgrade, theese packages were updated and without changing anything on lutris the game do not crash anymore but still don’t start :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this has nothing to do with the problem. Here it is also with the same behavior.
To be honest, I don’t understand enough to tell you if this impacts the installation of Lutris or not, but just in case I would uninstall, clean the caches and reinstall…

1 Like

As mentioned before, theres pretty much nothing to do but wait. See the reddit links above, heres the same thing again:

https://old.reddit.com/r/leagueoflinux/comments/12cei7t/patch_137_feedback_megathread_transition_to_64bit/

Copy from the reddit post:

With the launch of patch 13.7, the LoL/TFT client has deprecated support for 32-bit clients and now exclusively supports 64-bit environments. This is not completely compatible with the 32-bit Wine environment default on most installations, and will result in crashing when attempting to play, often with the error A Critical Error has Occurred. This affects all known Linux environments regardless of installation method.

This thread serves as a place for feedback, discussions, and will be updated as workarounds, fixes, or other discoveries are made. Please feel free to contribute feedback in the comments, and check back for updates below. When posting feedback, please include information such as distribution, driver versions and installation method.

TL;DR

There is no working Linux client atm. might not be solely the Linux users though, Windows and macOS users are also reporting issues.
Nothing else to do, but wait. Keep an eye on the reddit and forums.

1 Like

Same for me, i did a apt-get upgrade and it dosen’t throw an error anymore but when i start a new game it didn’t load

1 Like

Update: The error window reappeared here. I would be grateful if someone could confirm that the window appears even WITHOUT PERFORMING the procedure that I will describe below.

In the game settings inside Lutris, “Game options” tab, I added this in the “Arguments”:
WINEDEBUG=fixme-all,trace+seh,trace+vulkan,trace+window
WITHOUT DELETING what was already there. In the end, the arguments looked like this for MY CASE:
--locale=pt_BR --launch-product=league_of_legends --launch-patchline=live WINEDEBUG=fixme-all,trace+seh,trace+vulkan,trace+window
Then I restarted the launcher through Lutris and tried to start a match in training mode. The game did not open and the error window appeared.
Then I closed the game, returned the arguments to default and started again. When trying to start a match in training mode the error window still popped up.

2 Likes

Update: I managed to get the game running, but I only tested it in training mode.

Due to my severe stupidity I had misplaced WINEDEBUG. The right is:

1. Chose “Inherit from environment” in League of Legends => Configure => Runner Options => Output debugging info
  2. Added “WINEDEBUG” env variable with value “trace+seh” in League of Legends => Configure => System Options => Environment Variables

Found on: CRASHING ISSUE TEMPORARY FIX [ARCH] - r/leagueoflinux

4 Likes

Also work for me pop_os!

2 Likes

WINEDEBUG = trace+seh working for me on fedora 37

2 Likes

Update: In PvP games it is possible to play but it crashes quite often (I tested it on ARAM). I’m currently reinstalling to test on a clean install.

1 Like

Lutris instructions from the link below seems work for me. Currently tested in some practice games and faced one or two freezes. FPS seems OK also.

Transition reddit

1 Like

I’ve attempted to use this method and it’s been quite a mixed bag, the longest i’ve managed to run the game is just under 1 minute, I’ve used several different graphics settings but I don’t believe it made a difference. on a more positive note I assume this means the issue doesn’t involve anti-cheat, extremely fantastic news, and with the progress being made I assume it’s only a matter of time before this issue is resolved.

1 Like

Confirmed that is fully working for me on Linux Mint with Lutris using the above suggested solution.

1 Like

“Inherit from environment” + “WINEDEBUG” did not work for me at first i got the Error “Could not initialize Graphics Device”. After changing DXVK version from 2.1 to 1.10.3 it finally worked.

Played 3 games in a row (coop vs AI) without crash

2 Likes

Also works for me - thank you for sharing this “workaround” :slight_smile:

Kernel: 6.2.9-1-MANJARO
Wine: lutris-ge-lol-7.0.5-x86_64

Environment Variable:
WINEDEBUG = trace+seh

2 Likes