League of Legends no longer runs

The client itself is perfectly fine but the game immedietly crashes after champion select with an error reading; A critical error has occurred and the process must be terminated.

I’ve attempted several methods to fix this such as running it through steam instead with the help of this guide “here”, as well different command lines that I found “here”, I also checked LoL and lutris versions which both are up to date I also checked if I was using the correct runner that being Lutris-ge-lol-7.0-5.

I playing LoL completely fine yesterday (april 4th) on my Steamdeck and I am unsure of what else could of caused this error aside from the recent LoL update.

I am not sure what caused this error but I would extremely appreciate any solutions.

I’ve tried to upload the files asked for but Ive been told new users are unable to, I have no clue how to show these other than uploading them here.

7 Likes

Same issue here.

Could this be something related to the end of 32bit support?

3 Likes

Same issue, playing on Ubuntu 22.04.
System Error
A critical error has occurred and the process must be terminated. Would you like to create a crash dump and aid the developers in troubleshooting the issue? This may take up to 5 mintues.

4 Likes

I guess if multiple people are encountering this it likely does, I guess all we can do is wait for now.

1 Like

Same. Doesn’t seem to work for anyone.

/via 📌 Patch 13.7 Feedback Megathread - Transition to 64-bit Client - r/leagueoflinux

3 Likes

Really happening to me as well. Let’s still wait most experienced users to give us some fixes, if possible.

2 Likes

I have the same issue, it runs, i get into champ select screen, then it crashes and says “System Error”.

2 Likes

I have the same issue, it runs) New update broken my future weekends((((((

2 Likes

I got the same issue, the game worked like charm all up until latest update this week. Suddenly I cannot enter a game and am looping an crash dump after another. Only able to click “RECONNECT” but only for it to trigger another crash dump.

1 Like

Same here, i tried many solutions including the snap installation, always the exact same behavior as ooga described.

1 Like

Same problem here

1 Like

Same for me. For me it happens when it tries to load into a game. So either after champion select. or if i go into a training map.

2 Likes

Hey folks, I don’t know much about League of Legends, but what I do know is that recently Lutris has updated DXVK (and vkd3d-proton) runtimes, which will not work with that old version of wine.

Bare minimum wine 7.1 for current DXVK.

In Runner Options of the game, enable Advanced and you’ll see the DXVK version drop list. Change DXVK back to 1.10.3

Your Wine runner is probably a 64 bit runner (they support 32 bit as well), I don’t know if that reddit info is applicable or not)

1 Like

don’t work him

1 Like

helpppp

1 Like

unfortunately I’m still receiving the same result as I’ve mentioned before.
I also tried altering the DXVK to even earlier version and I also altered the VKD3D (just in case.) and nothing changed unfortunately.

In fact, Riot no longer supports 32-bit. This was announced by them a while ago, and speculation is that the problems started now probably due to changes in the anticheat.

(English is not my native language, it’s a Google Translate version of the message I wrote in Portuguese)

1 Like

at the end of the week, it was very unlucky. I hope they fix it soon

[image]

2 Likes

Tomorrow is a holiday here… :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

aqui tbm sou br kasdkkasd

2 Likes