Installed but can't run it. Very Generic Lutris Errors

Hello everyone!

This is my first time joining on this forum. I’ve kinda been a shocked spectator of Lutris by hoping and praying that the blackmagic it uses will work for me without issue. I’ve used Ubuntu where I was able to get my favorite games like Battle(.)net working for very little effort.

I’ve moved to Arch Linux because I wanted to get a more hands on and low level understanding of the Linux operating system. In that same branch of expanding my knowledge I figured I’d dive down into the rabbit hole of lutris and wine.

Unfortunately, the error messages I’m receiving give me know clue as to what the actual issue is. I’m hoping there’s some internal wine log/debugger I can look into to determine the root cause of the issue.


I’m trying to install Battle(.)net. I’ve setup my whole computer today so I have the latest of wine and winetricks on my system. I additionally have all of the optional dependenices downloaded for wine.
I have a Radeon RX 470/480/570/570X/580/580X/590 from my lspci command but I believe specifically I have a 590. I actually have both OpenGL and Vulkan both with 32bit versions. (I’m not sure if that’s an issue)

Here are my GPU driver related dependencies:

lib32-mesa 1:24.0.6-2
lib32-vulkan-icd-loader 1.3.279-1
libva-mesa-driver 1:240.6-2
mesa 1:24.0.6-2
mesa-utils 9.0.0-4
vulkan-icd-loader 1.3.279-1
vulkan-radeon 1:24.0.6-2

I additionally have a amd-ucode package.

An important note I discovered is that if I try to run the with wine through my terminal, I can login, launch the game and start playing. However it has some visual glitches so I’m going to refer to Lutris to hopefully have better support for it. The game I was trying to play is World of Warcraft Classic. And I didn’t see any visual glitches on Lutris on my previous Ubuntu computer. My main issue is when I look at the logs of Lutris I have aboslutely no idea what the actual issue is. It simply just gives me something like “Error Code whatever”. I’m wanting a way to debug lutris and wine to determine the issue.

Here’s the lutris-issue-report.json and the dev-mode-lutris-output

I believe if I’m able to get to more debugging information I can potentially resolve it myself. But as it stands I have no clue what the issue is.

I technically found found my answer but I’m wondering why these graphics settings didn’t work with and if it was something I forgot to install or if it just doesn’t work with at all.

Edit 1:

I tried playing around with displaying some of the graphics options. I turned off DXVK and after that it appears that I could launch Battle(.)net again!

I downloaded World of Warcraft classic and started it up.

Immediately on boot I got two dialog boxes.

The first had title of WowClassic and had the following information.

C:\Program Files(x86)\World of Warcraft_classic_era_\WoWClassic.exe
Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION - the instruction at “0x00006ffffdb27260” referenced memory at "0x00000000000:
The memory could not be “read”.
ProcessId; 2552
ThreadID: 2556

I typed this out so there could be a few typos in the memory addresses.

ANd then there was a second dialog box was for reporting the unexpected error to blizzard. There’s also a report Id but I don’t think that’s relevant.

So basically if I turn of DXKV it will at least get me into battle(.)net and install world of warcraft classic.

Edit 2:

So I went ahead and disabled all of the graphics options and it lets me get into game and it seems like the visual glitching I experienced before with straight wine is gone (or almost gone) which is great for me :smiley: I was able to turn on the graphics settings to the highest possible and my frame rates are still very high.
Edit 3:
I created a new thread here that hopefully will assist me with determining good wine/lutris debugging methods.