Install Problem with all Application (Error: [Errno 13] Permission denied)

when i fresh System install and Lutris start can not install a Launcher (EA App) install script terminal send me text: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/share/lutris/bin/lutris-wrapper”, line 202, in
main()
File “/usr/share/lutris/bin/lutris-wrapper”, line 129, in main
process_pid = subprocess.Popen(args).pid
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/lib/python3.12/subprocess.py”, line 1026, in init
self._execute_child(args, executable, preexec_fn, close_fds,
File “/usr/lib/python3.12/subprocess.py”, line 1955, in _execute_child
raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg, err_filename)
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/home/user/.local/share/lutris/runtime/winetricks/winetricks’

is very a problem in all try install of EA, Ubi or others Install try become ever this text!?

i cannot solved this problem

chmod +x /home/user/.local/share/lutris/runtime/winetricks/winetricks

run this in terminal after you change user to match your use name

@OJ1 THX :slight_smile:

thanks for the terminal command, could install EA App but when the installation process is finished and I want to start the EA App in Lutris I get this error :/home/user/Games/ea-app/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/EA Desktop/EA Desktop/EALauncher.exe can’t be found?
I have checked the path to the Electronics Art folder and it is not there? Has it just been installed?

I wonder what the problem is? Has an update been made to Lutris or to the EA app? that all this no longer works, in any case I was able to play well with Lutris the last few days but after a system reinstallation and reinstalling Lutris I have this “errno 13” text again and again no matter how often I reinstall Zorin OS with Linux Mint also comes the error errno 13, it can’t be that you always have to use the terminal when Lutris wants to be used

the problems are with all whether Ubisoft Connect EA App or other nothing can be installed with the errno 13, now that it can be installed again with the command of OJ1 I can install again but the folder for the launcher is now missing the whole thing is really crazy!

If you reinstalled the OS and Lutris, and get errno 13 again, then you need to fix winetricks again.

Which version of Lutris did you install?
package files - under /home/user/.local
flatpak files - under /home/user/.var/app/net.lutris.Lutris

I just tested the Lutris flatpak on a clean linux Mint 22 install - winetricks installs fine and has the right permissions, and the EA App installs okay.

Slow down a bit and get some logs to help narrow this down - reinstalling the OS every time is not going to help your sanity :slight_smile:

be try start of EA APP become this Fail-Text:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/exception_backstops.py”, line 31, in wrapper
result = function(*args, **kwargs)

File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/game.py”, line 668, in configure_game
gameplay_info = self.get_gameplay_info(launch_ui_delegate)

File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/game.py”, line 607, in get_gameplay_info
gameplay_info = self.runner.play()

File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/runners/wine.py”, line 1202, in play
raise MissingGameExecutableError(filename=game_exe)

lutris.exceptions.MissingGameExecutableError: The data /home/user/Games/ea-app/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/EA Desktop/EA Desktop/EALauncher.exe could not be found

we can i repair this ?

Does this file exist?
/home/user/Games/ea-app/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/EA Desktop/EA Desktop/EALauncher.exe
Can you browse to it in the “game options” configuration tab?

Are you using a different system language (not en_US) that could change characters in the path?

I ask that the error of Lutris is not due to me, I have freshly installed the operating system from a USB then installed the Lutris app in the Zorin store and now “I” should configure Winetricks in the terminal and do other things, I think that if you Lutris from any store whether Zorin or in Linux Mint should always work no matter which system, now I get this errno 13 error that can be fixed with the command from OJ1 and the EA app installs normally but when I want to start the EA app this path error comes up, it was also freshly installed, so the error must already be in the “install script” of Lutris can “Lutris support” please take care of it Thanks in advance

Can you go to the discord server? Zorin has issues because it is on an older base of glibc and other quirks. Also, easier to talk in real time than on here - link is on lutris.net

i have no Discord Account, i have now on me PC Fedora fresh installed now have same problem with lutris can not run? in Fedora work the install runtime no problem, is now a problem start the EA App no local Folder text message what the hell ,all Distros same EA App cant not find the EA folder? - lutris find not ea launch.exe path and folder is not there? same problem see me picture “screen3” same problem on Fedora

You need Linux support.

I just did a clean install this morning on my backup PC

• Linux Mint Debian Edition (LMDE) 6
  • Install Nvidia 535 drivers
  • Install wine staging
  • Install Lutris pre-reqs
  • Install Lutris from .deb package downloaded from github

…the EA app installs and works without a problem, first time, no other actions.
No problem with winetricks, or downloads.

Either something else is causing a problem for you, or something is interfering with Lutris’s downloads. Switching Linux distributions is not going to help.

Good day, first of all I want to say a big thank you that so many have answered so quickly, the technical Lutris problem remains with Linux Mint, Fedora, pop_OS, ZorinOS and it makes no difference whether dei DEB variant or the Flatpak version of Lutris is used that after the installation of EA App can not find the directory where it was just installed?

Which Linux support should be contacted?
should I write to Linus Thorvald, Elon Musk or Bill Gates to get some money to solve the problem?

I am not an IT-Linux-Super-Guru but it should not matter if a commercial or open source program is released in this case “Lutris” should work or not dear community?

my system uses I7-7700HQ and NVIDIA GTX 1050, ZorinOS 17.2

since I only start the EA app after installing the Lutris program, there is no change on my part if something is missing, there must be a mistake in the EA app install script I have no other explanation for this

would be very grateful for an idea or solution :wink:

Yes there are things missing - you need the wine dependencies and drivers for vulkan in addition to the 0.5.17 deb - you need to install it in the terminal from the folder you downloaded to using:
sudo apt install ./lutris (press the tab key to complete the file name)
It will give an error at end, but you should have correct version
While you are on the git site, go to the wiki and follow Install Drivers and Wine Dependencies (will take you to the lutris/docs git) to get the other bits you need

Discord makes this easier as in most cases with Zorin, Pop and Mint, we can get it fixed in 10-15 min - Zorin and Pop are both built on an older version of Ubuntu which is creating a lot of issues

ok then ask me which Linux distro would be recommended in my case to play with Lutris so that everything works smoothly? I know that the support does everything but especially a “gaming” platform that tries to make games run under Linux should cover newer or older Linux distro systems otherwise you won’t reach the gamers “pop_OS” is very popular among gamers and the Nobara Linux is unstable

my reasons are stability and simplicity and a feeling of OSX and Windows therefore ZorinOS with Steam Proton and others it is for me the best “gaming” system if the problem would not be with Lutris :(, would try your steps OJ1 :slight_smile:

One thing you can believe me I have no intention of inventing a problem, here in the new screenshot you can see that after the installation of the EA App no created folder has been created by Electronic Arts? so it is clear that Lutris can not find the EALauncher.exe, can not fix it myself, just copy from Windows PC and the EA data and transfer via USB to Linux does not help with the problem then EA App always tries to update itself without that I could ever log in to EA the way is also a dead end

download the ea app installer
In lutris click the up arrow next to the play button at the bottom and select run exe in prefix
select the ea app installer you just downloaded

I would look at Kubuntu if you are familiar with the Zorin look and commands - and use the 6 month upgrade, the issue with Zorin, Pop and Mint is they work well for 6 months when they rebase to the next Ubuntu LTS version, ok, but need tweaks for the next 12 months and are a horror until the rebase to the newer LTS is done. With Kubuntu, it has an update option to install the 6 month releases so you don’t get stuck on the LTS.
I also recommend using Timeshift so you can rollback updates if something goes wrong and keep a boot USB with Mint 22 on it as the live USB has a version of timeshift which can help if you completely bork things. I use Ubuntu Cinnamon over Mint for this reason.

I think blaming the problem on the system is very far-fetched. From my investigation, the EA folder under the Lutris installation script is missing. I have found a program that works better than Lutris and can install and start the EA app with “Bottles” via Flatpak with the Proton from Steam, which works better and is more system-independent? Bottles definitely now better than Lutris, put Proton Experimental in the “Runner” folder. With Lutris it is more difficult which UMU to install? which is strangely very complex, with Bottles I just had to move a folder and now I can play, I just want to show the Lutris community how to do it even better, it’s very annoying that when I “new” a Linux distro install", supposedly some “LTS” variant is to blame or “Wine version” or or… it doesn’t solve the problem that comes from Lutris! Lutris says there is a “Winetricks” problem, Lutris says I can’t find EA Laucher.exe and all this after an install from the Lutris website, link to the install script. Well, I find it tragic that you are focusing on the Lutris system instead, Lutris should work, regardless of whether it is an Arch or Debian system, just wants to show where the priorities should be if the Lutris project has a future Will, “Bottles” is a better choice for me now

“Bottles” can currently do something that “Lutris” can’t?