How does lutris work when installing games?

Is there some way to boost fps? My cs go runs on terribly low fps.

Native? Try fiddling with graphics options. Disabling Vsync might do the trick.
…Also opensource driver for NVidia (nouveau) is slower than proprietary one, so you may want to check that.

Yeah, but I have amd rx 480, and as far as I know it doesnt have a panel for linux…

And by the way, what wine versions should i install in lutris for wow/battle.net?

Well, if you’re talking about stuff like installing drivers on that particular model, you can always look up if anyone else figured out how to do it.

When it matters, Lutris script specifies the required version. Which is downloaded and applied during the install. In fact, you only really need to make a system-wide Wine install if you want to fiddle with it outside Lutris.

Thing is I already have drivers installed, can I still do that guide you linked me or do I have to remove the drivers first?

I’m trying to install battlenet through lutris but this happens:

I tried it again and yet the same problem persists. Anyone who has a solution?

Okay nevermind, it seems now that I changed to wine-staging it worked. Is that recommended, to change to staging?

Staging is a modified version of Wine that includes experimental features. It’s less stable (potentially) but includes more features than vanilla. There is also a version called d3d9 which includes a direct implementation of DirectX 9 (as opposed to OpenGL fallback), and a few custom-patched versions for specific games. The rule of thumb is to try vanilla, and go for different ones if it doesn’t work.

There is also a utility called Winetricks, which allows to modify a Wine prefix by changing certain settings (i.e. switching renderer option ddr from opengl to gdi helped me fix a few blackscreen games) and installing specific libraries (like PhysX, DotNET 4.5 or a specific version of MSVC/DirectX9); such changes may be necessary for specific games. Typically you can find information about necessary fixes on WineHQ, but Lutris install scripts usually include them as well (since the whole point of these scripts is to be used as out-of-the-box installers).

I see. But could you help me run a windows program with wine? Can’t figure it out and there are no search results for this program on winehq’s website. This is a 3rd party program for cs:go, something like faceit but less known. Maybe in private chats?

You mean like run it to work together with the game? Oh, that’s actually sorta non-trivial.
You need it to run it in the same Wine prefix (see Game options in config), and it also has to be the same version of Wine (Runner options) – otherwise it’ll mess up prefix configuration.
Unless you’re using a system-wide Wine install to run the game, the relevant Wine version can be found inside ~/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine.
Normally you’d have to run it with a long CLI command (though it can be made much easier using a tool like Q4Wine), but in case of Wine runners Lutris actually provides the option Run EXE inside wine prefix (available in game popup/sidebar menu).

As for how to fix a failing program, my best guess is to try looking at the Wine log. Not sure if it’ll be displayed in the game log (probably not), or if it’ll be available when running from Lutris, so if it fails you’ll probably have to try CLI/Q4Wine approach to look at the logs.

Should I install the stable version, staging, devel or all three?

It is a sort of program like facit, have you heard of it? You just need to launch cs go through that program for you to be able to play at their site competitive cs go. Here’s the site: beta.esportal.com

Besides, when I install it, there isn’t a wine program to launch. Can’t find it…

Usually people use staging, but if you want it to be more stable then use stable. As for your FPS it is probably because you are using the nouveau driver, which is complete crap. Here is a tutorial on getting the proprietary NVIDIA driver to work: https://www.maketecheasier.com/install-nvidia-drivers-ubuntu/.

I do not have nvidia graphics card, I have an amd rx 480.

Oh, but still use the above tutorial to find any other components that might need proprietary drivers just to be on the safe side. The same steps apply.

I see. I already installed pp drivers, directly from AMD:s site. So that’s installed. And all mesa files and such. I managed to run wow through lutris with minor flaws from the beginning. Only thing left is auto mounting my drive.

Again, please follow: https://fossbytes.com/how-to-auto-mount-partitions-on-boot-in-linux-easily/. It tells you how to modify fstab and auto mount your drives