Help with Star Wars Battlefront 2015

Hi doomicle,

I’ve been running Battlefront 2015 some time ago but I couldn’t update Origin with the script and was impossible to get into the Origin launcher, that’s why I erased everything as I thought it was going to be easier to install it from scratch that trying to update… things didn’t go very well.

My specs: intel i7 (2.80GHz); 16GB RAM and a GTX1060 running on KUbuntu 18.04 64bit ;(kernel 5.0.25); Nvidia driver 430.40

Hmm, that’s interesting I’ve run SWBF with similar specs not too long ago. I wonder if changing the wine version would help.

You could try installing Origin from here:

Then once installed, switch to the most recent wine version in the config, then if you can log into origin, you’ll need to modify the prefix with all the modifications from the install script for SWBF.

If you find you can install Origin on its own, but not with the SWBF installer, then that might be enough of an argument to get the wine version changed on the SWBF install script.
It’s easy to do that, you just change the wine version number in the script. But it has to be reviewed and approved by the Lutris staff first.

Thanks for the reply doomicle!

Actually, I succesfully installed Origin, overrided the nvapi and nvapi64 libraries, installed vcrun2017 and pointed Origin to the folder where I kept my ~78GB of SWBF2 files. It checked, decided that like at ~94% it needed to download I don’t know what, started… and like 30min later the download rate reads 00. Stucked completely. I’ll give a try later and will come back. Maybe is a server problem, but this Origin thing is super annoying.

Hmm interesting. So is it getting further with the install now than it was with the SWBF one?
If so maybe that means it’s a wine version problem?
If so, perhaps trying to set it up from scratch with different wine versions would yield some better results.

You could try with the most recent wine version maybe.

One other thing that might help though maybe, is setting the prefix to run in the virtual desktop window mode. I often find on different systems that certain apps don’t run unless in desktop window mode.

I also vaguely recall reading something somewhere about KDE causing a lot of problems with wine apps. So desktop window mode may help with that, I’m not sure.
But if you investigate whether KDE might be the cause of the problem, that might lead to solving the problem with one solution or another.

I’m running a Ryzen 5 2400G APU, and am having this same issue.
Will I need a graphics card to run the game or will it run off that?

Managed to get Origin installed and setup. Installed necessary drivers for my Nvidia GTX1060 6Gb card and I believe enabled 32bit and Vulkan.

Then comes to install Battlefront. In origin have manually downloaded the game files. then installed the script from Lutris for battlefront.

if I try to run by clocking on battlefront icon in Lutris is opens up blue window thats closes if I enable Remote Desktop, if Remote Desktop not enabled it does nothing and says in terminal:

TypeError: refresh() takes 1 positional argument but 3 were given

If I open Origin, and click Play from there, it will try to open in WINE but then says something like:

"Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX does not support Direct X11 "

nvidia-smi confirms latest driver 430.40 supported by Vulkan is installed and chip detected as GTX1060 so unsure why different card is shown in error message.

Does the script require and modifying to get it running?

Finally got this working! For me I just downloaded the game through https://lutris.net/games/origin/ using Proton-5.6-GE-2 and DXVK 1.6.1L. Then I just installed https://lutris.net/games/star-wars-battlefront-ii-2017/ using the same wine and DXVK versions. I then copied over the files from the origin installer into the battlefront 2 one. At first nothing worked but after turning off Origins overlay it launches!

The performance is almost perfect most of the time, but about every 5-10 seconds there is a hitch. Also I found that after playing more than one level it gets very slow. So it’s not really playable. Any tips from anyone else who has it working to improve the performance? Its so close to being perfect!

PC specs:
Intel Xeon W3570
Radeon R9 270
8 gigs of ram.
Running Pop!_OS 20.04

Hey, I’ve got the same problem with my API. What were those “small tweaks” that you did?