Borderlands 3

Nah, only a few 5.0 kernels there. Apart from the vulkan/deiver issue, it all runs fine… Even more than fine:-).
I suppose there’s been changes in who does what and how, so the files don’t get created at module load as before, and that would explain why it’s needed on every boot.
Gentoo huh? Myself I’ve left my LFS days behind me, got a bit too lazy over the years:-). Respect though!

Holy sh*t!!! That actually works!!!
Fantastic find @steve7253!

I’m Happy:-)

Holler if you need any help turning that video into an installer @MR1865

It does work!

I will work on the installer. Been busy today.

I have never actually done LFS. It is my next hurdle to jump.

So I created a gist of my current installer here. I am stuck on one portion of it if anyone cares to help. Basically the installer installs the mf-install and mf-installcab scripts. Those already set the proper registry keys and moves the colorcnv file into the C:\windows\system32 folder, so I think those are redundant from the video as far as I can tell. However, the game needs to be installed before you can move mfplat.dll into C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Borderlands 3\ Otherwise the Epic games store will complain that the directory is not empty when you install. My thought is if we can get the installer to launch the store once, and manually install the game while the installer is still running, then move the mfplat.dll file after the store is exited, that should work. I am not sure how to accomplish this though.

I got this error as well while testing the installer. I think it is related to something breaking in the Wine Prefix. Using a new prefix seemed to fix it.

Yes, I can confirm, the solution in the video does work.

I switched off esync too - just in case - before stated up the game.

I’m happy, I wish great things for the author of the video and for the one who shared with us :slight_smile:

Have a good hunting! :slight_smile:

Hey,
I didn’t do any magic trick, just

• installed Epic-Games-Store via Lutris installer.
  • set the game EXECUTABLE to 64bit (since I’m running the whole thing in 64bit) (select Epic Games Store in Lutris > Config > Game options > Executable > …/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Epic Games/Launcher/Engine/Binaries/Win64/EpicGamesLauncher.exe)
  • set DXVK to 1.3.4 (latest atm)
  • installed Borderlands 3 from the store normally
    (- tried to play multiple times, stuck at the “Watch the monitor” every time)
    (- installed mf, mfc40, mfc42, xact_x64 - at this point, I didn’t know about the youtube video guide)
  • followed the steps in the youtube video, including disabling esync
  • start the game, runs good

How can you tell if everything has worked?
Start the game - wait patiently - and if you see the 2K intro and then Claptrap messing at the bottom of the screen, you’re good.

Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS 64-bit / 4.19.9-041909-generic
Intel® Core™ i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz × 4
15.6 GiB
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB/PCIe/SSE2 / nvidia-driver-435 (open source)

Spoiler:
Sadly, after about an hour - boring and slow - game-play BL3 is nowhere near as fun as BL2 :frowning:
Reminds me to the Pre-sequel - the jokes are flat, the UI poorly designed, the progression is slow and there’s waaaaaay too many recycled stuff in it. I bought the super-duper deluxe edition with season pass… starting to regret it.

I am aware of how to get it to run. I am trying to get those steps to run in an official Lutris installer, which is not as straightforward as it would appear. I also suddenly have been running into the same codefusion error as others before and am not sure of the underlying cause, or by extension, a fix.

As far as the game goes, I actually think the gunplay is much better than in 2 and the Pre sequel. The writing is not quite as good as two, but I still enjoy it for what it is worth.

I will agree though, the UI redesign is not great. Definitely a regression.

I’m having trouble with the latest Borderlands 3 install script. When the game boots all I get is a black screen which lasts 2 minutes or so until the game crashes altogether. Any idea what to do?

edit: I think the log mentions mfplat.dll
edit 2: now I’m getting “Sorry, something went wrong, for solutions please visit URL”. No black screen.

After following the video above everything is working pretty well. Sometimes on game start-up it crashes and ask me if I want to reset the settings, and works again after I do os, though does have to re-cache shaders.

The main problem I am having is I can’t get assigned the quest: Blood Drive (http://www.powerpyx.com/borderlands-3-blood-drive-walkthrough/) after killing Graveward and returning to sanctuary.

A video does not play of the calypso twins announcing the quest and I hear the audio but I do not see the video. Lilith is still staring at where the video would have been done but I can’t talk to her to get the first part of the quest.

Oddly, the Blood drive quest shows up as one I have but has no destination on the map.

Thoughts, I’m kinda stuck not being able to accept the mission.

Thanks!

You need to install z0z0z’s mf-install and mf-installcab (64 bit), and as per the directions, you need to drop the bundled mfplat.dll into both the Epic Games Launcher Win64 directory, and the OakGame\Binaries\Win64 subdirectory of the game install location.

Hi there, i’m trying to instal Bl3. The epicgames installed without problems. And it starting fine. Now i am downloading Bl3, but it seems to be stuck in some kind of download loop. I’ve downloaded already over 125gb still it doesnt end. This is already the second try. I have Debian with a Nvidia, uptodate

Okay, now it seems to work. It suddendly work. Strange

Hello. Guys I’ve a problem with my B3. It doesn’t want to start. I did everything step by step. Lutris -> Wine -> EGS -> B3 -> all setting/copying/registering thing. When I login to EGS and pressing start B3, in B3 window first is written STARTED, after few seconds Cloud synchro, after another few seconds going back to START and nothing happened. I tried to turn off save in cloud, the same.

To check that EGS is fine I’ve downloaded that new game For The King and it works perfectly in Lutris.

I’m very noobUNTU, so if any one has the same problem, please help.

Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 2060 SUPER
8GB RAM
SSD Crucial 500GB

Hello all :slight_smile: I don’t know if this is right place to tell, but i managed to get Pre-Sequel Borderland to work.

With POP OS I needed Flatpak and i gave all permission to Lutris (you can use “flatseal” if you don’t want to use terminal commands). After that i just logged in to Epic store and downloaded the game
-arguments: -opengl -SkipBuildPatchPrereq
-Prefix architexture: Auto (default)
-Wine: lutris-7.2-2-x86_64
-DXVK: v1.10.3

If the gameplay feels sluggish or jittering. Install “sudo apt install gamemode” and add Lutris
global settings → Command prefix: gamemoderun
Restart PC

:slight_smile:

Any luck? I used the Lutris installer to install Borderlands 3 via Epic Game Store with the mfplat dlls but I can’t get Borderlands 3 to launch. I get a bunch of errors?

Any ideas on how to resolve the errors?

Thank you.

If I remove the -opengl argument from Arguments section the LowLevelFatalError seems to go away but I still get the 2nd fatal error?

Screenshot_20221231_120646

You won’t be able to run that with opengl.

There is a problem with the mf-install and mf-installcab installed mediafoundation libraries on some of those Ryzen processors.

A workaround is to use the taskset utility to set processor affinity. I’m not familiar with the Epic Launcher, but there is likely a way to prepend command line parameters.

taskset -c 1-8 <game executable>

That will restrict it to the first 8 processor instances (logical… which includes “hyperthreading” instances). If that doesn’t work, try 1-6

Sorry, I am new to this.

When I run taskset - 1-8 Borderlands3.exe in the Borderlands 3 folder I get the following:

taskset: failed to parse CPU mask: -

I am assuming that is because I don’t have a AMD Ryzen? My laptop currently has an Intel i7-11800H CPU & Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Mobile GPU?

Thank you.