WoW: Classic - DXVK error

Been playing WoW: Classic since release using Lutris with no prior difficulties. Now after a system update it fails to launch the Battle.net client with the following error message:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'dxvk::DxvkError'

I’ve tried updating vulkan, disable and enable dxvk, and using wine-staging (latest) instead of the default lutris-5.6-2 wine version.

Full logs:

lutris-wrapper: World of Warcraft (Classic)
Running /home/dag/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-5.6-2-x86_64/bin/wine /home/dag/games/world-of-warcraft-classic/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Battle.net/Battle.net.exe
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libswmhack.so.0.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
Initial process has started with pid 1157
Game is considered started.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libswmhack.so.0.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
esync: up and running.
wine: configuration in L"/home/dag/games/world-of-warcraft-classic" has been updated.
[0710/191445.945:ERROR:network_change_notifier_win.cc(156)] WSALookupServiceBegin failed with: 0
[0710/191448.868:ERROR:mf_helpers.cc(14)] Error in dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc on line 373
info:  Game: Battle.net.exe
info:  DXVK: v1.7-1-g84bb768a+
info:  Built-in extension providers:
info:    Win32 WSI
info:    OpenVR
warn:  OpenVR: Failed to locate module
info:  Enabled instance extensions:
info:    VK_KHR_get_surface_capabilities2
info:    VK_KHR_surface
info:    VK_KHR_win32_surface
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'dxvk::DxvkError'
Leaked struct Blizzard::File::StreamRecord 0B1A7B84 {"Battle.net.mpq"}
Leaked struct Blizzard::File::StreamRecord 008F4964 {"Battle.net.mpq"}
Initial process has exited.
Game is considered exited.
All monitored processes have exited.
Exit with returncode 768

I have the very same issue on a lenovo y520. I can either disable dxvk and have like 2 fps in the game, or enable dxvk and get this error. I click on play, login to battle.net and then the play button becomes active again without launching the game :confused: installed everything that was suggested on other forums

This was resolved for me by replacing my regular nvidia drivers with the vulkan alternatives and installing the lib32 package for vulkan.

Hey mate. Can you please help me by providing a source and a step by step guide? I would really appreciate it!

It depends on your Distribution and its package manager.
Running Slackware, I simply go to https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver and download the file and run it in my shell.

Hi Nuraan,

I started with Linux 2 days ago, so I am quite illiterate :slight_smile:

I am running Ubuntu 20.04. I have downloaded the file from the site:

Linux x86_64/AMD64/EM64T
Latest Long Lived Branch Version: 450.57

How do I run it properly in the terminal? Sorry for being a pain, but as I said, I am really a starter and have no idea how to Linux :frowning:

I apologise having been away for a while.
In a Konsole window, I just enter (last time I did it was)
. ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-450.57.run