Back to the main site

World of Warcraft: WoW51900319 error

I’ve installed WoW and with a few tweaks got it to install.
However, when I start the client, I immediately get a WoW51900319 error, and also if I try to log in.

Running Lutris on Manjaro with a Nvidia 710M card (using Bumblebee/primusrun).

I switched from Bumblebee to Primus to make sure I got as much performance out of my card as possible and simplify setup. Tinkered with settings for a few hours, still no luck.

To get to the core of the problem, I decided to go the manual route and ended up with this script to make my life a little easier:

#!/bin/bash
gamedir="$HOME/GamesWine/WoW"
gamearch=“win64”
installer="$HOME/Downloads/World-of-Warcraft-Setup.exe"
launcher="${gamedir}/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Battle.net/Battle.net Launcher.exe"
if [[ -f “${launcher}” ]]
then
WINEPREFIX="${gamedir}" WINEARCH="${gamearch}" “${launcher}”
else
if [[ ! -d “${gamedir}” ]]
then
mkdir -p “${gamedir}”
fi
echo “Configure Wine”
echo “Check https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-play-world-of-warcraft-on-linux-with-wine for required options.”
sleep 5
WINEPREFIX="${gamedir}" WINEARCH="${gamearch}" winecfg
WINEPREFIX="${gamedir}" WINEARCH="${gamearch}" winetricks corefonts
if [[ -e “${installer}” ]]
then
chmod +x “${installer}”
WINEPREFIX="${gamedir}" WINEARCH="${gamearch}" “${installer}”
exit 0
else
echo “World of Warcraft installer not found!”
exit 1
fi
fi

Using this after installing the wine-staging-nine from AUR I was able to log into the game without the WOW51900319 error. That suggests the error is caused by something in the Lutris settings. Where, however, I don’t know, but it would be nice to solve this.

My performance and graphics rendering using wine-staging-nine is not great, but since this is not an issue with Lutris, it is outside of the scope of this forum.

Are you still facing any issue?

I’m still using the shell script I am posting here. Haven’t tried the Lutris install since.
The script works fine (with minor in-game issues).