World of Warcraft: Unable to start 3D Accelerator Card

Hi All,

Having a really weird issue with World of Warcraft: I launch Battle.Net, I launch the game and it runs fine. I change my display settings for my ultrawide monitor and then exit the game. When I restart, I get the error: “Unable to start 3D accelerator card”. If I delete my config.wtf file, it launches again.
Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening?

I’m on the Nvidia 396.45-2 driver, using wine staging 3.13 and dxvk 0.54.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich

Use DXVK 0.64 https://github.com/lutris/lutris/wiki/How-to:-DXVK#manually-updating-dxvk

OK, installed 0.64, which has boosted performance in the game, so thanks!
Unfortunately the issue I mentioned before still persists, any other ideas?

Thanks

I have had the issue from time to time (same error). I simply can’t pinpoint why it happens. I just close Lutris and restart it, and/or press the stop button and launch again. No need to delete the config.

For me, restarting Lutris didn’t remove the issue; If I leave it set to primary monitor and windowed mode I don’t have an issue, if I specify monitor 1 or 2, on either: windowed, or windowed fullscreen then I have the issue where I have to delete the config.
It’s not a huge issue, just curious to what could be causing it.

This error can be happened due to several errors. So, check if you are having any of these issues:

• Using the outdated graphics driver
  • Your Windows is outdated
  • Game files are corrupted
  • Game is not well configured

Whatever the reason is, you can fix it with just a few steps. Simply, follow this guide: World of Warcraft Was Unable to Start Up 3d Acceleration