World of Warcraft Installation error

Hello all , I am new to Lutris and I think it’s a great piece of sotfware. I searched thru the forum but did not see an issue related to mine. I am having an issue trying to install World of Warcraft. I installed it successfully the other day but had to reinstall my Linux Mint 18.3 for other reasons. I followed the wiki, installed all wine dependencies per the wiki and all other related files to install the blizzard app. Installed Lutris 0.4.17 when I use the install script for either battle.net or world of warcraft, right after Lutris says setting to windows 10 mode, I get the following error “FileNotFoundError(2, ‘No such file or directory’)”. Here is my terminal output if that will help.

Blockquote

experimental patches.
000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
wine: cannot find L"C:\windows\system32\winemenubuilder.exe"
000b:err:wineboot:ProcessRunKeys Error running cmd L"C:\windows\system32\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2)
Executing /home/goob/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/ge-3.6-x86_64/bin/wine64 regedit /S C:\windows\Temp_corefonts_register-font.reg
Executing cp /home/goob/Games/world-of-warcraft/dosdevices/c:/windows/temp/_corefonts/_register-font.reg /tmp/winetricks.0VP6HugI/_reg_405b24a4_11237.reg
Executing /home/goob/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/ge-3.6-x86_64/bin/wine regedit /S C:\windows\Temp_corefonts_register-font.reg
Executing /home/goob/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/ge-3.6-x86_64/bin/wine64 regedit /S C:\windows\Temp_corefonts_register-font.reg
Executing cp /home/goob/Games/world-of-warcraft/dosdevices/c:/windows/temp/_corefonts/_register-font.reg /tmp/winetricks.0VP6HugI/_reg_70fc14d8_11237.reg
ERROR 2018-05-21 16:36:21,427 [jobs]:Error while completing task <bound method CommandsMixin.write_json of <lutris.installer.interpreter.ScriptInterpreter object at 0x7fbd1f1d56a0>>: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/home/goob/Games/world-of-warcraft/drive_c/users/goob/Application Data/Battle.net/Battle.net.config’
<class ‘FileNotFoundError’> [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/home/goob/Games/world-of-warcraft/drive_c/users/goob/Application Data/Battle.net/Battle.net.config’
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/util/jobs.py”, line 29, in target
result = self.function(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/installer/commands.py”, line 441, in write_json
with open(filename, ‘r+’ if merge else ‘w’) as json_file:

Blockquote

Any heolp on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Dwight

Edited it please try again.

Thank you good sir, whatever you did it worked like a charm.

Thanks again,
Dwight

No problem, glad to help.

Same exact problem for me, with the same output, using latest installer.

same here, installation stops with

FileNotFoundError(2, ‘No such file or directory’)

lutris 0.4.17
ubuntu 18.04

Yeah there’s a regression with write_json atm. Please install WoW with lutris:world-of-warcraft?revision=10615 @slackerzz @FREEZE_ball

INFO 2018-05-27 09:54:04,030 [lutriswindow]:Installing world-of-warcraft (10615)
ERROR 2018-05-27 09:54:04,817 [http]:Unavailable url (https: //lutris .net /api/installers/games/world-of-warcraft/revisions/10615): HTTP Error 404: Not Found
ERROR 2018-05-27 09:54:04,819 [jobs]:Error while completing task <function fetch_script at 0x7f79b25e91e0>: Couldn’t get installer at https: //lutris .net /api/installers/games/world-of-warcraft/revisions/10615
<class ‘RuntimeError’> Couldn’t get installer at https: //lutris .net /api/installers/games/world-of-warcraft/revisions/10615
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/lutris/util/jobs.py”, line 29, in target
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/lutris/installer/interpreter.py”, line 44, in fetch_script
raise RuntimeError(“Couldn’t get installer at %s” % installer_url)

(I edited links in blockquotes, because forum restricts me from posting more than 2 links)

When trying to use cxf’s “lutris:” link from firefox. Was the installer script removed or is it an incorrect way to run it?

When using default installing script (from the game’s main page), it hungs on this winetrick:

Using winetricks 20180513-next - sha256sum: c5438329b437e02416de6278346b5d0a8cb3d586415d069288fc85a300c9a02e with wine-3.3-778-ga9a10d4 (Staging) and WINEARCH=win64

Yeah it was removed since 0.4.18 fixes the issue. Just install WoW normally.

Winetricks hung was resolved by uninstalling all Wine versions from Lutris runner manager.

Getting the same error trying to install wine on a fresh lutris install it seems to be not finding a file “<class ‘FileNotFoundError’> [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/home/elvish/Games/world-of-warcraft/drive_c/users/elvish/Application Data/Battle.net/Battle.net.config’
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/lutris/util/jobs.py”, line 29, in target
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/lutris/installer/commands.py”, line 441, in write_json”

Using Solus, pre-reqs listed https://github.com/lutris/lutris/wiki/Game:-Blizzard-App are installed

Check the Lutris version. Menubar > Help > About

If it’s not 0.4.18 then you’ll have to wait until Solus updates Lutris.