World of Warcraft Classic 3D Accelerator Card is not supported

Hello, I am using Ubuntu 18.04 and i am new to Linux. I have been trying to play wow classic for 2 days but i couldnt. When i try to launch the game i get an error saying “Your 3D accelerator is not supported by World of Warcraft. Please install a 3D card with dual-TMU support.”

My drivers are up to date and i did installed the vulkan liblaries. I tried almost everything, please help me.

I have also had this problem. Bonaire Radeon.

Using prime instead of primus vk for me worked. (For Nvidia)

The error message is misleading (whatever dual TMU is). I fixed this problem on a Debian/nVidia system by uninstalling xserver-xorg-video-intel. For some reason the intel driver stops the nvidia vulkan stuff from working correctly. Maybe its a general vulkan problem? Please, @rexarlet and @bryguylutris, report back if this fixed the problem for you - I’d like to know about AMD too.

I’m diggging up this old thread instead of starting a new one because it has quite a lot of views, so obviously lots of peaople have had this problem over the years. I’m getting this error again on a Debian/AMD system, totally at random. Reboot usually fixes it, but just waiting it out also can help.This is really weird and I can’t find any connection to why it sometimes fails and sometimes not. What’s happening here? It seems that something about vulkan support dies but then rectifies itself? Wonky hardware? Or anything I can restart to get it going without waiting or rebooting?

These are the diagnostics I get whether things fail with the message about missing TMU support or not - i.e. always, so it doesn’t help.

vulkaninfo | grep deviceName
ERROR: [Loader Message] Code 0 : /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libvulkan_radeon.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
ERROR: [Loader Message] Code 0 : /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libvulkan_intel.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
ERROR: [Loader Message] Code 0 : /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libvulkan_radeon.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
ERROR: [Loader Message] Code 0 : /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libvulkan_intel.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
	deviceName     = AMD RADV POLARIS11 (LLVM 7.0.1)
	deviceName     = AMD RADV POLARIS11 (LLVM 7.0.1)

Lutris log shows up empty.

Can you post more info on your system now, including the version of Mesa you are running?

Sorry for the long silence. Killing everything related to wow and battle.net and restarting it usually fixes the issue. I don’t need to reboot. But it’s still strange and I’d like to know more…

Graphics:
  Device-1: AMD Baffin [Radeon RX 460] vendor: Bitland Information 
  driver: amdgpu v: kernel bus ID: 01:00.0 
  Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.4 driver: amdgpu 
  unloaded: modesetting,vesa resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz, 1920x1080~60Hz 
  OpenGL: renderer: Radeon RX 560 Series (POLARIS11 DRM 3.27.0 
  4.19.0-22-amd64 LLVM 7.0.1) 
  v: 4.5 Mesa 18.3.6 direct render: Yes

And I know that’s debian oldstable but as long as things more or less work I’m not changing anything.