Wing Commander 3 & 4 & Prophecy

Intro and Videos doesn’t play, and i become only blackscreen that is happened with Prophecy

4, the Price of Freedom is a same shit

3, i can set 1, and then 1 too, but i don’t become the Start Intro and the DosBox get off/close

i know about 4 and Prohecy that on Windows the K-Lite Codec Pack helps
i’m using Fedora Workstation 40, the Nvidia-Drivers are installed, i Don’t know what exactly is wrong here

best regards

You have different games with different runners - The Windows installer for WCP seems to have an “auto” installer, which will probably default to wine-ge-8-26. It probably needs MPEG decoder support in the prefix or some other codec (I remember K-Lite from ages ago). Might want to search for what format the movies are in, or just winetricks allcodecs (adds all the basics except WMP) to see if that fixes it.

For WC3 on DosBox

I found the Lutris DosBox died for me as well: -

user@computer:~$ ~/.local/share/lutris/runners/dosbox/bin/dosbox
/home/user/.local/share/lutris/runners/dosbox/bin/dosbox: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL2_image-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

You can install libsdl2-image-2.0-0 and libsdl2-net-2.0-0 (which were missing from my default install,) or grab another version of DosBox.

I installed an updated DosBox and put it in the “custom dosbox executable” config section, and wrote a quick shell wrapper that auto tweaks the dosbox config and also starts and stops fluidsynth for MIDI support.

i was trying to install k-lite in the prefix, it’s installed but it changes nothing,hm

3, i can set 1, and then 1 too, but i don’t become the Start Intro and the DosBox get off/close

the problem is that in the conf’s as ISO/Drive mountet the game has data.dat (in it is collected all 4 CD’s of the game)
Original DosBox can do this, DosBox ECE can it too, so it runs on WIndows, with GUS too
But DosBox Staging can’t mount the Data.dat, so it don’t start with a Error and the dosbox getting quit

Hi,
I’ve only got WC3 from GoG. The dosbox install works fine, and displays movies without problems.
(Experience tells me to only ever run Debian based distros at home :slight_smile:)

What does it show for the game logs? Try right clicking on the tile, “show log” after it exits? Mine shows the DATA.DAT mounting ok
2024-09-01 10:11:12.489 | IMGMOUNT: Path '/games/lutris/gog/wing-commander-iii-heart-of-the-tiger/DATA.DAT' found

Edit: Maybe try another pre-built dosbox, and use it instead of the one Lutris sources?