Back to the main site

Wine Steam, fails to update immediately after install

This issue occurs immediately following the install of the runner or while trying to install any game that uses the runner. This is before the first time login/create account screen is shown. This is the window while active: https://imgur.com/a/FmFh76O . Steam closes if any of the dialogue options are pressed. Log output contained nothing useful. It thinks Steam is running fine.

Manjaro AwesomeWM, kernel 5.0.9 stable, GTX 1070, Ryzen 2600X

Wine dependencies and DXVK installed per wiki. Other games run fine, but the Wine Steam runner will not cooperate.

Edit: Prior to showing what’s in the screenshot the lighter Steam window shows a blank progress bar with: Downloading update: 0/~200,000kB. Then, the darker window appears and the lighter changes to “Download Complete.” No data is transferred during this time.

1 Like

I am also having this issue. When I start lutris with the debug flag I get the following:

Aborting HTTP request because we received a response with a content-length over 64M and we are not streaming
[2019-06-13 22:10:39] Error: Download of package (resources_all) failed after 0 bytes (200).

This is what prevents the update from occurring. Unfortunately even after extensive research I can’t seem to find a fix that works. =\

yesterday i installed lutris and faced same error as quest reported here. When steam is updating it says i dont have internet connection. First i thought it was a problem with my libraries, but using some workaround i was able to install steam and even play some game, but only after i installed the 32bit wine prefix manually

WINEPREFIX="$HOME.local/share/lutris/runners/winesteam/prefix32" WINEARCH=win32 wine wineboot

then i copypasted a SteamSetup.exe in a folder inside the wineprefix i created, and executed wine from terminal with lutris opened:

$HOME.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/staging-3.16-i386/bin/wine explorer /desktop=name,1920x1080 $HOME.local/share/lutris/runners/winesteam/prefix32/drive_c/'Program Files'/Steam/SteamSetup.exe

i was able to install steam without internet connection issues, and installed a game and even played.

I’m a completly noob in wine and lutris, but the only possible problem here that comes to mind is that when i installed the runner from lutris, lutris only installs and executes the 64bit prefix, and i’m not sure, but i think that steam launcher works in 32bit platform, not in 64bit

hope this info can be important to fix the problem