Wine prefix location help

Hi,
I used the script built into lutris to install Amazon games. After the install I had a new wine prefix that is now the default, all my previous installed games are missing their saves and config and so on as lutris is using the new prefix and any new games installed also use that prefix. How do I change the default prefix location back to what it was (~/.wine). I tried looking through the menus in lutris and can only find how to do it on a per game basis, is there a global setting I can use to set it for all games. I dont want to use soft or hard links to do it. Thanks for any help in advance.

1 Like

You can try pressing the menu button, in the upper right corner (of the 3 horizontal lines icon), then preferences ā†’ global options.

There is a field to define the default folder

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, the only folder I could find under preferences is the default location where games are installed to and not the wine prefix location, maybe Iā€™m missing something. I opened the wine terminal and used the set command and the prefix I want to use is set as default but lutris seems to be over riding it and using the one the Amazon games install script setup. It must be in a config file some where that I can manually change but Ive had no luck finding it. I checked in .config/lutris and anything I could find with lutris in the title in the var folder.

1 Like