When installing battle.net stuck at updating battle at half of the bar

Hey, im having an issue installing battle.net. When i am doing a fresh install it gets stuck at the updating the battle.net after selecting a language. I have tried several installation scripts ie. Wow classic, Wow retail, Diablo 3, overwatch without any positive results. What to do?

This is the situation what i am describing:

1 Like

this video solved the issue Workaround for Battle.net install hang in Lutris on Linux - YouTube

I solved it by properly setting up esync/ulimits before running the installer.

Had numerous attempts tinkering with lots of stuff, when I set the esync/ulimits, everything worked as expected.

Did a small post of it here.

Installed Ubuntu 23.04. Dont know if thats the reason, but i reinstalled everything and now i get the same error where the install is stuck at 50% before throwing an error with the update agent.

I tried using Wine 8.6, Default Lutris-config from Lutris website and checking the config for esync/ulimits with no success :confused: Esync is also enabled.

I will try to tinker some more, but at this level, i am nothing more than a newbie so i dont really know what i am doing most of the time :slight_smile:

EDIT: Tried Lutris 0.5.13. Still same error. Also tried some tricks in the other post reffered to by Spooky9680. No luck :confused:
EDIT2: Also tried video from kraskovski

Installing the battle.net launcher with lutris-GE-Proton7-43 did work for me (using lutris-GE-Proton8-5 did crash during installation) and i had to switch to lutris-GE-Proton8-5 after the installation did succeed since the actual battle.net launcher did crash with lutris-GE-Proton7-43 …