What does the warning on the Vortex Mod Manager mean?

It says it has been flagged as potentially unsafe - does this mean malicious or may cause system instability? I feel like something malicious should just be removed and not flagged. the app doesn’t have this warning… I installed it earlier today before I saw the listing here on the website.

I just checked the description in the app. It says “Official Lutris Installer (for Linux)” and then links to a github but it links to an issue requesting it.

You’d have to ask the mods for the official answer, but as this is a community installer and contains three shell scripts (and a weird entry in the Q+A which could look like it is trying to embed a command,) it’s probably that.

thank you for the info. I was less concerned about malicious intent after I found the author’s github, they were active in the thread that was linked at the beginning of the description of the installer in the app (which isn’t present on the webpage listing) and made me kinda side-eye this thinking it could be an issue. hence the post. i looked at the scripts and they didn’t seem like a serious issue to me, as they only really messed with files the script created. it looks like it tries to link a big chunk of popularly modded games into vortex. but for some reason it didn’t work for me, and ended up aborting the install. i went through my file system and cleared a few loose files. nothing seems to be broken.

Again, thanks.