Warframe not getting past checking for updates

Hello,

I’ve used the Steam/Proton installer, as I want Steam integration. The game installed fine, but once the launcher shows up, it doesn’t go past checking for updates. Here’s the Lutris log:

lutris-wrapper: Warframe
Running /usr/bin/steam steam://rungameid/230410
Initial process has started with pid 48830
Game is considered started.
Running Steam on manjarolinux 20.0.3 64-bit
STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
Pins up-to-date!
Steam client’s requirements are satisfied
/home/mantas/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam steam://rungameid/230410
Game is considered exited.
Initial process has exited.
All children have exited.
Exit with returncode 0

Following the “Install drivers” entry on Github, turns out nvidia-dkms and nvidia-settings don’t exist in multilib or anywhere, while the rest of the packages came preinstalled with the distro.

I’m using the latest release of Manjaro KDE, as it supports my hardware best at the moment, though Arch is just absolutely awful. Nvidia drivers version is 440.100, Steam came preinstalled, Proton is on 5.0-9. Running a Ryzen 3 2200G with a GTX 1060 6GB.

How can I get the game going? Preferably without the standalone version, but through Steam.

Cheers.

Used to be checking for updates fails if bulk download is turned on in the launcher. Was especially bad for first run. Mine is still turned off as of ages ago. Not sure if it is still an issue.

I run using GloriousEggroll’s Proton; would recommend for WF, whether using Steam or Lutris.
Check ProtonDB.com for tips using Steam Proton. Last I knew first launch needed to use Proton 4.x, then it would launch with 5.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I’m an idiot, I don’t know why I didn’t bother with messing about with the Proton versions. Still new to all this, besides running some old games.

First launch only happened on 4.2-9 and the only version that doesn’t have crusty ass audio is 4.11-13. A black launcher only happened on first launch, gotta guess where the play button is and any launches after are fine. Overall great performance, seems to work flawlessly as long as you got xboxdrv as daemon.