Warcraft stopped working (can login!) after latest update on Nov 30,2023

I’ve started my own thread not to derail the discussion about wine 8.25. I have a very old system, the great AMD Phenom II X4 955, AMD Polaris card, Debian buster and Lutris 0.5.4 and I would prefer not to update my system now because Christmas is coming - and Santa will hopefully bring something newer :-).
Everything worked well until Nov 30 with fshack 7.2 and strangely dxvk set to 2.3 (which is really impossible … but still). I changed dxvk to 1.10.3 and the ICD loader from auto to the offered radeon option (reversed that after negative results because I’m using amdgpu and blacklisted radeon). There is no file for amdgpu, so what will it pick for “auto”?

I tried all GE and also some older tkg wine versions and can login with the workaround and the new battle.net version only with GE versions 7.39 to 7.43. Everything else crashes. All 4 GE versions hang in an update loop though which I cannot get out of. (I’m thinking that in reality nothing gets updated.)

When I try to start any wow game, from battle.net or directly, I get the dreaded “3d accelerator card not supported” error. I have seen the TMU one too.
The last error message might be connected:

warn:  DXGIDeclareAdapterRemovalSupport: Stub
warn:  CreateDXGIFactory2: Ignoring flags
info:  Game: Wow.exe
info:  DXVK: v1.10.3
info:  Built-in extension providers:
info:    Win32 WSI
info:    OpenVR
info:    OpenXR
info:  OpenVR: could not open registry key, status 2
info:  OpenVR: Failed to locate module
info:  Enabled instance extensions:
info:    VK_KHR_get_surface_capabilities2
info:    VK_KHR_surface
info:    VK_KHR_win32_surface
info:  AMD RADV POLARIS11 (LLVM 7.0.1):
info:    Driver: 18.3.6
info:    Vulkan: 1.1.70
info:    Memory Heap[0]: 
info:      Size: 3840 MiB
info:      Flags: 0x1
info:      Memory Type[0]: Property Flags = 0x1
info:    Memory Heap[1]: 
info:      Size: 256 MiB
info:      Flags: 0x1
info:      Memory Type[2]: Property Flags = 0x7
info:    Memory Heap[2]: 
info:      Size: 4096 MiB
info:      Flags: 0x0
info:      Memory Type[1]: Property Flags = 0x6
info:      Memory Type[3]: Property Flags = 0xe
info:  D3D11CoreCreateDevice: Probing D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_11_1
err:   D3D11CoreCreateDevice: Requested feature level not supported
info:  D3D11CoreCreateDevice: Probing D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_11_0
info:  D3D11CoreCreateDevice: Probing D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_10_1
info:  D3D11CoreCreateDevice: Probing D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_10_0
info:  D3D11CoreCreateDevice: Probing D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_9_3
info:  D3D11CoreCreateDevice: Probing D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_9_2
info:  D3D11CoreCreateDevice: Probing D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_9_1
err:   D3D11CoreCreateDevice: Requested feature level not supported
warn:  DXGIGetDebugInterface1: Stub

So I’m thinking: either my vulkan/dxvk setup crashed suddenly (how? why?) or that’s a red herring and in reality battle.net never correctly reaches Blizz servers to update.

Running lutris -d returns the old winusb and kerberos errors and one ole I cannot interpret, but I was looking more for network errors

err:ole:com_get_class_object apartment not initialised
[1204/055939.053:ERROR:network_change_notifier_win.cc(143)] WSALookupServiceBegin failed with: 0
[1204/055939.161:ERROR:network_sandbox.cc(302)] Failed to grant sandbox access to cache directory C:\users\\AppData\Local\Battle.net\BrowserCaches\common\Cache\Cache_Data: Module not found. (0x7E)
[1204/055939.161:ERROR:network_sandbox.cc(396)] Failed to grant sandbox access to network context data directory C:\users\\AppData\Local\Battle.net\BrowserCaches\common\Network: Success. (0x0)
[1204/055939.167:ERROR:network_service_instance_impl.cc(270)] Encountered error while migrating network context data or granting sandbox access for C:\users\\AppData\Local\Battle.net\BrowserCaches\common\Network. Result: 6: Success. (0x0)
0130:err:ole:ifproxy_release_public_refs IRemUnknown_RemRelease failed with error 0x800706ba
0130:err:ole:ifproxy_release_public_refs IRemUnknown_RemRelease failed with error 0x800706ba

Any ideas?