W3Champions Ladder Mod (WCIII Reforged)

Hey all

Recently got into WCIII and with the help of Lutris I am happy to be able to finally get on B.net. As there isn’t a ladder in the game right now someone has created a ladder system to fill the gap which appears to be popular:

https://www.w3champions.com/

When I try to install this and run the application I get an error of “chcp 65001 | echo %APPDATA%”. The dev believes that the command isn’t returning correctly in wine.

I was wondering if there is anything I could look into in the mean time to try and see if I can get it working myself if possible or there would be a way to support this feature?

When testing the prefix in Lutris “echo %APPDATA%” returns correctly but “chcp 65001” returns nothing.

Thank you for your time and commitment.

There is a new launcher and I made it work with this script, obviously modify the folders.

#!/bin/sh

export WINEPREFIX=/media/arcsaber/share/wc3
export WINEESYNC=1
export WINE=/home/arcsaber/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-5.7-8-x86_64/bin/wine
export DXVK_STATE_CACHE_PATH=/media/arcsaber/share/wc3
export __GL_SHADER_DISK_CACHE_PATH=/media/arcsaber/share/wc3
export SDL_VIDEO_FULLSCREEN_DISPLAY=off
export WINEARCH=win64
export WINE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE=1
export game_name='w3c'
export WINEDLLOVERRIDES='libglesv2=d'

GAME_LOCATION='/media/arcsaber/share/wc3/drive_c/'
GAME_EXECUTABLE='w3champions Setup 0.8.3.exe'

cd "$GAME_LOCATION"

$WINE "$GAME_EXECUTABLE" "$@" 

Strangely enough it only works for the setup.exe, not for the installed w3champions.exe. However, since the hotkey remapping settings are retained, it doesn’t seem to matter.

I didn’t verify the map updating yet, though, because I’m playing on bnet for practice.