Vanguard in League of Legends

im currently experimenting on a kernel level and also studying asm so i thought to myself why not practice or try to find a way on my own but i have no idea about how anti-cheats work on general so you saying its impossible (not just you everyone) but in this field i don’t think that anything is impossible, so are u sure 100/100 and are you talking from experience or just what u stumbled on across what they say on the internet ? thank you very much for ur time !

they use a proprietary anti cheat that rely on the windows kernel, none of these AC work on linux due to the fact that they communicate with a driver that you can’t install in WINE, every linux AC runs in user mode, if the anticheat requests to run in a different mode than the one you can offer, it won’t run.
it’s that simple
riot would need to port vanguard to linux, they’ll never, ever do it.

1 Like

ooh now i kinda understand but how about macos(or darling) i guess they support it, if i were to install it
somehow would i be able to run it or have you tried it or any idea about that ?

the macOS version of LoL doesn’t require vanguard because it’s impossible to implement the same way it is implemented on windows.
therefore, if darling end up being able to run games, it could be a good option. however it’s going to taj=ke years for sure, before any game like LoL can run on darling, and riot has enough time to prepare an AC for macOS that can prevent compatibility layers from running it

1 Like

appreciate it brother, thank you!