Made a small change to the installer of Star Wars Empire at War Gold GOG edition.
Changed the following Winetrick:
directx9 -> d3dx9
It should now run out of the box.
The reason I’m posting this here:
- There is absolutely no infrastructure for letting people know a script was updated. Many uses will have a ‘bad’ experience when the game installer doesn’t work and simply abandon it. Or worse: go back to Windows. And when the script changes there is no way of informing people of the change;
- Logging. The profile on the Lutris site doesn’t list changes or new submissions. This area remains empty. So by mentioning it here I have a place where I can lookup my administration.
Hello again @tfk,
could you fix this:
1°) this line:
exe: drive_c/GOG Games/Star Wars - Empire At War Gold/Launch Star Wars - Empire At
should be located in “game” section
2°) you should create a WIne prefix before all operation needing a wineprefix in “installer” section.
Tell me when you rectified this by chat or here and I will validate your script.
Must have had my eyes shut when I submitted it.
edit: Ow! No I didn’t have my eyes closed. I just opened the existing script and changed directx9 for d3dx9. Which was the change needed to make it run flawlessly.
Thanks for the heads up. Good to know there is a active community around installers.