Unplayable Input Lag in GeForce Now (web)

Hi Team Lutris,

Please see my submit bug output here: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/DX3ptbyvHV/

Copy and paste:

Hello Team Lutris,

It’s Friday night and I’m trying to play some games using Geforce Now in Lutris. It’s important to mention “Friday night” because I wonder if the day and time is the cause of my problem…

For reference, I am connected to my internet hub via ethernet and when I checked just now on Speedtest by Ookla, I got Ping 17ms, Download 200.37Mbps and Upload 20.93Mbps.

My problem is basically that there is severe input lag on the games I am trying to play in GeForce Now. It is very bad in single player games such as The Witcher 3 and is unplayable in large multiplayer games such as Fortnite.

In The Witcher 3, there is at least a half second delay between pushing the movement stick and my character moving. It Fortnite, there is a 3 to 5 second delay. What is odd about Fortnite is that I can hear my actions in sync with my button press, but the visual animation is what comes very late.

I do not know if the delay is between my machine and Lutris, Lutris and GeForce Now or GeForce Now and Fortnite/Steam servers, but I do know that I have high speed connectivity and it should be more than enough for GeForce Now.

Still I highly appreciate and respect your efforts in building Lutris and providing this awesome tool to Linux users. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing back from you!

Hi team, I’ve just tried Geforce Now via Chrome, without Lutris, and the input lag problem persists so I do not think it has anything to do with Lutris afterall. Please close this topic.