Unable to install Witcher 3 GOTY, 1 parameter needed

Hi,

i can’t install Witcher 3 GOTY from GOG through Lutris. Downloading is going and then it throw an error:

1 parameters needed for signal error; 0 given Traceback (most recent call last): File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/lutris/exception_backstops.py”, line 108, in error_wrapper return handler(*args, **kwargs) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/lutris/gui/widgets/download_collection_progress_box.py”, line 161, in _progress self.emit(“error”) TypeError: 1 parameters needed for signal error; 0 given

Tried to find solution but can’t.

Here is the setup:
[System]
Arch: x86_64
Kernel: 6.8.0-45-generic
Desktop: X-Cinnamon
Display Server: x11

[CPU]
Vendor: AuthenticAMD
Model: AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS with Radeon Graphics
Physical cores: 8
Logical cores: 16

[Memory]
RAM: 14.9 GB
Swap: 2.0 GB

[Graphics]
Vendor: AMD
OpenGL Renderer: AMD Radeon Graphics (radeonsi, rembrandt, LLVM 17.0.6, DRM 3.57, 6.8.0-45-generic)
OpenGL Version: 4.6 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 24.0.9-0ubuntu0.1
OpenGL Core: 4.6 (Core Profile) Mesa 24.0.9-0ubuntu0.1
OpenGL ES: OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 24.0.9-0ubuntu0.1
Vulkan Version: 1.3.275
Vulkan Drivers: AMD Radeon Graphics (RADV REMBRANDT) (1.3.274), NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4050 Laptop GPU (1.3.277)

Can’t access logs, I don’t have such a sidebar nor anywhere is option to show logs.

Here is the debug mode from lutris and installation try: Ubuntu Pastebin

You are running an old version of lutris and need to get the vulkan drivers and wine dependencies sorted. The link for Ubuntu on the downloads page takes you to the git to get these.

For the drivers, there is a warning about Mint - this is for Mint 21.0 which had a bug, you are on 22 which will work as long as you edit the nvidia driver install and remove the first command to add the PPA (not needed right now cause Mint has caught up) and change the 535 to 550

Currently if you look at the post you will see that i have vulkan drivers. Additionaly lutris is newest verison of lutris. Wine dependencies are probably installed, but cant check right know. I believe that the only thing i have to do is to change driver from 535 to 550?

Weird is that, in logs i see lutris 5.14 but i was installing 5.17

you have to right click → install with gdebi on the deb file otherwise Mint reverts to the Repo 14 version. and Yes, 40 series you will want 550 drivers not 535

Solved. Indeed I was using lutris 5.14. I had both version but due to some black magic it didn’t matter which one was opened, the core was probably still seeing 5.14. Ended removing both lutrises and removing all files, that were still in the folder and desktop. Then installing with gdebi on deb file. Witcher is now installed without errors.

Others things were already up-to-date, so the problem was only ver. of lutris itself.