Unable to Install GOG Titles

I’m in the process of installing a number of Windows games from my GOG account using Lutris to a secondary drive. I’ve already added several titles already without a problem, but all of a sudden the Lutris application seems to breaking.

When I click on an install link on lutris.net, the desktop Lutris client runs as usual, and prompts me to select a installation location. I’ve been putting everything in a folder on a secondary, non-boot drive in my desktop, so I change the install path, and then click Install. Instead of showing progress information, the “View source” and Install buttons simply disappear, and I’m left with the Cancel button. The script apparently fails to execute, but the client itself doesn’t freeze (I can quit it normally).

This issue occurs with any game I attempt to install, whether GOG or not. Any ideas on how to resolve this? I’m running Lutris 0.5.3 on Ubuntu 19.10.

…So I guess this means no one has any idea what to do about this?

I have pretty much the exact issue you described. Only difference is I can only not install gog games. Very frustrating, it’s happened to me on multiple distros and this time it had been working until I logged out of gog in lutris and tried to log back in. Feels like if I’m walking on eggshells and anything might set lutris off. The console spits out these errors when I try to install a gog game

/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/lutris/util/cookies.py:79: UserWarning: http.cookiejar bug!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/lutris/util/cookies.py”, line 31, in _really_load
domain, domain_specified, path, secure, expires, name, value = line.split(
ValueError: too many values to unpack (expected 7)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/lutris/gui/installerwindow.py”, line 252, in on_install_clicked
self.interpreter.check_runner_install()
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/lutris/installer/interpreter.py”, line 483, in check_runner_install
self.install_runners()
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/lutris/installer/interpreter.py”, line 490, in install_runners
self.prepare_game_files()
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/lutris/installer/interpreter.py”, line 358, in prepare_game_files
self.swap_gog_game_files()
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/lutris/installer/interpreter.py”, line 318, in swap_gog_game_files
links = self.get_gog_download_links()
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/lutris/installer/interpreter.py”, line 975, in get_gog_download_links
if not gog_service.is_available():
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/lutris/services/gog.py”, line 70, in is_available
user_data = self.get_user_data()
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/lutris/services/gog.py”, line 170, in get_user_data
return self.make_api_request(url)
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/lutris/services/gog.py”, line 155, in make_api_request
request = Request(url, headers=headers, cookies=self.load_cookies())
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/lutris/services/gog.py”, line 116, in load_cookies
cookiejar.load()
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/http/cookiejar.py”, line 1799, in load
self._really_load(f, filename, ignore_discard, ignore_expires)
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/lutris/util/cookies.py”, line 80, in _really_load
raise OSError(
OSError: invalid Netscape format cookies file ‘/home/user/.cache/lutris/.gog.auth’: ‘login.gog.com\tFALSE\t/\tTRUE\t1601066680\tgalaxy-login-s\tfov2l077v92pb3bi328tfdhij3\tNone’
2020-03-09 20:51:32,472: Cancelling installation of Spelunky

If I delete the file .gog.auth and .gog.token mentioned in OSError I’m not completely locked out of gog games; I can close the login window and choose an installer manually downloaded from gog’s site.

Here’s the file from lutris --submit-issue, I forgot to include it in the earlier post.
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/wXSMs7MVMp/

Apparently GOG changed their cookie format. You can keep track of this bug to see when they fix it, I believe.