Hi, first time Lutris user and general Linux beginner.
I wan’t to install the EA app in order to play Dragon Age Veilguard, but the installer keeps exiting with an error code I have not been able to resolve.
I run the installer from the lutris site with GE-Proton (latest) set as Wine version in Runner Options as suggested in other posts.
When the installer gets to the point of opening the EA window, it says it’s downloading some “stuff” and then gives me an error message from EA app: codeINST-14-1603
I am using up to date Lutris flatpak version (0.5.22)
I have done the following troubleshooting myself:
Ensured up to date wine (version 11) and winetricks (version 20260125-next)
Installed wine:i368.
Tried installing EA App from left hand panel, through lutris site and from .exe (though I am unsure if I did that setup proper).
Checked Lutris forums, but most other problems with the EA app looks like Lutris version errors or otherwise unrelated to my problem.
Any help or suggestions of what to read up on is appreciated.
Confirmed, I’m having the exact same issue. Tried installing ea-app today, fresh update of bazzite, everything up to date and received the same error code.
This worked after downloading the EA App manually, then installing it using the “Install a Windows game from an executable” (not the installer provided by the “Search the Lutris website from installers” option).
I did get as far as the EA app opening a window and being able to log in. However, I notice that the Litrus installer window doesn’t close and the installation doesn’t seem to be finishing.
Sure enough, when I close the EA app window, then I am unable to open it again, getting a message about cleaning the cache from the EA app and then nothing happening.
I had the same issue recently, it was pointing to the wrong file for some reason.
Right-click the EA app in Lutris, configure, go to the game options tab.
Check the end of the file path, mine was pointing to App Recovery.lnk.
Replace App Recovery.lnk at the end of the file path with EADesktop.exe and you should be good to go.
Thank you for all the advice - I apreciate the time you took to share what worked on your systems.
I tried redirecting to the EA app launcher, but it had not been created either
My next step was removing all files and doing clean installs, but to no avail.
In the end i took a break from trying to make it work with litrus and ended up using Faugus, which worked no fuss on the first try.
All programs have use cases, for me in this case, Lutris was not the best solution.
So long and thanks for all the fish.