Ubuntu Mint - Lutris wont run

I had to jump through a lot of hoops to get this to install from the tarball .

Trying to run it now and I get this , can you tell me what the issue is?

~/lutris $ sudo ./bin/lutris
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./bin/lutris”, line 27, in
app = Application()
File “/home/guru/lutris/lutris/gui/application.py”, line 48, in init
self.add_main_option(‘debug’,
AttributeError: ‘Application’ object has no attribute ‘add_main_option’

Hi,
i see that you put “sudo” before ./bin/lutris, you don’t need superuser (only for the install) for Lutris.

You might want to install it from the Deb/ubuntu package
https://lutris.net/downloads/

Try without sudo and give us the output (;

Scott is right and you shouldn’t be using sudo to run Lutris.
But that isn’t the issue here, your distribution seems very out of date. I believe you are running Mint, is that right? If so, make sure you have updated to Mint 18 as we have introduced features that won’t work on older versions of Mint (or other distros for that matter).

Thanks Guys!
I just set up this distribution in January. So Ill do what you ask and see if that helps.
Ill have to backup everything first of course.

I appreciate all your help!

PS
I tried with and without SUDO and it didnt make a difference.

Best Regards,
Mike

Yes, I tried it as a standard install first and it simply wouldn’t execute (no errors either) from my menu .
Then downloaded the tarball and tried it manually. No dice

Does Linux Mint 17.1 With Nvidia Card installed count as SUPPORTED?
Mike

No, Mint 17.1 is not supported, the only Mint version to have the features we use is the current one, Mint 18. It’s not about the graphics card, it’s about the version of Gtk shipped with Mint.

You shouldn’t need to backup everything and reinstall your OS, a simple upgrade should to the trick. (Well you should always be doing backups but that another story :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

If you are running a supported distro, you should be able to use the deb packages. We strongly discourage installing Lutris from the tarball, this is unsupported as well :smiley: