Ubisoft Connect installs fine but can't get internet

I understand, just to clarify lutris will help you most of the way.
Just sometimes you do need to mess with the installs a little bit, like in this case.

I understand, I have been trying to mess with it for over 2 months with no luck and no one seems to know why so it’s just time to give in on this one. I will wait until Valhalla is released on steam. Or, I won’t play it one of the two.

to be honest, I don’t think that will happen soon, I think Epic is pulling hard to keep exclusives in their store. Good for the consumer for the price, but for linux users is a bit complicated.

If you do feel adventurous I highly recommend Arch, but I will be clear, you do need some basic linux knowledge to use it and solve the obstacles it has.

I find that most of the problems are in PopOS and Ubuntu due to missing dependencies, I do believe yours is such case.

You could use Manjaro but I have never used it myself.

I used to distro hop a lot years ago and have no issues digging in to solve problems when I feel it’s worth it. This just isn’t one of those cases for me. As this is my production machine I don’t have a desire to experiment just to get a game going.

Hi there,

New on the forums, but been around for a while to get Anno 1800 installed. I want to reply to this topic because I have all the same “problems”.

In my case:
Ubisoft connect installs, and logs in. Then it says “initializing” for a while untill i get the same message as above.

I have installed all the wine and wine staging dependancies via apt-installer.

Anyone got any new ideas for this issue?
Epic game store works perfectly, Origin works perfectly, Steam works perfectly.

Greetings!

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/pPMfQbTkBv/