Trove: Unable to install the Glyph launcher and the game

I’ve been using Lutris to play Trove since December 2021 and running issues were a rare occurrence, to the point where I could just uninstall and remove the game and its files then install it again and things would run perfectly with no issues from the software or from laptop, only the occasional crash from Trove itself which is just something that happens. But last week on Wednesday that suddenly changed. I could open the game launcher (called Glyph), but the game itself wouldn’t update or start in any way. Been trying to find different solutions, so I decided to try making a post on the forums.

Today I opened the terminal and ran the command “lutris -d” to acquire the activity logs and I’m gonna try to explain on my words a few of the things that happened.

Ubuntu Pastebin (Here’s the link tho the full log)

After clicking on install and selecting one of the installment options available (in my case option number 2) those were the initial results:

Started initial process 62199 from /home/nature/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-fshack-7.2-x86_64/bin/wine /home/nature/.cache/lutris/installer/trove/glyphinstall/GlyphInstall-9999-1001.exe
Start monitoring process.
ERROR: ld.so: object ‘/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk3-nocsd.so.0’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
esync: up and running.
ERROR: ld.so: object ‘/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk3-nocsd.so.0’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
SetProcessDpiAwareness failed: "COM error 0x80070005 (Unknown error 0x0ffffffff80070005)"
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_closeButton_clicked()
GlyphClient::LoadFile error: No such file or directory GlyphClientApp.xml
GlyphClient::LoadFile error: No such file or directory GlyphClientAppLocal.xml
Initial process has exited (return code: 0)

1 Like

(Since I’m a new user I had to reply to my own post and show the rest of what happened, even though I’m not sure if it’s important or not)

Despite the fact that in the last 3 lines of the portion I’ve pasted here accuse that 2 .xml files weren’t found the process continued and what appeared on my screen were two things

The first was a box which said “Downloading Glyph Update” which is just intended to appear every time you try to install/update the launcher and after a while this last one

After clicking the Show Details button I was given another log which can be found on the paste ubuntu url, it starts at line 196 and it ends at line 362.

I’m sorry if I gave vague descriptions of my problems up until now, but that’s what I could come up with to solve my current issue.

Another thing, trying to see if I had any errors with the dependencies I used the following commands
“sudo find /usr -name libgtk3-nocsd.so.0 -print” and no errors were accused as far as I can understand, it seems that my computer has the libraries, but I guess something is keeping Lutris from correctly finding them and properly working.

I’m not sure if that makes any difference at all, but here it is.

Is this something I should be concerned about in any way?

Have you tried disabling the lutris runtime?

Before you suggested that I didn’t try it, wasn’t even aware that this was a feature. A few minutes ago I did that on the preferences and after trying to reinstall the mentioned game the results on the log (including the length) are way different, but I’m still not able to install it.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/crkW2cMT9f/

A few moments ago I cloned the github repository using git, then “cd lutris” and then used “./bin/lutris” since I’ve read on the subreddit that it could be a way to circumvent installation related issued (although that was not specified for Trove) and the problem persists.

Anyone else has any ideas on what could be the problem? Have been trying for days, but no solution yet.

My latest attempt resulted in this

nature@nature-Inspiron-15-3567:~$ lutris -d
INFO 2022-06-24 17:27:26,623 [startup.init_lutris:173]:Starting Lutris 0.5.10.1
ERROR: ld.so: object ‘libgtk3-nocsd.so.0’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
DEBUG 2022-06-24 17:27:26,906 [xrandr._get_vidmodes:15]:Retrieving video modes from XrandR
INFO 2022-06-24 17:27:27,105 [startup.check_driver:65]:Running Intel Mesa driver 22.0.0 on Mesa Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 (KBL GT2) (0x5916)
INFO 2022-06-24 17:27:27,106 [startup.check_driver:77]:GPU: 8086:5916 1028:078B (i915 drivers)
INFO 2022-06-24 17:27:27,194 [startup.update_runtime:213]:Startup complete
DEBUG 2022-06-24 17:27:27,609 [lutriswindow.update_store:437]:Showing 1 games
DEBUG 2022-06-24 17:27:28,831 [grid.on_item_activated:57]:Item activated: 1
INFO 2022-06-24 17:27:28,858 [runner.use_runtime:278]:Runtime disabled by system configuration
ERROR: ld.so: object ‘libgtk3-nocsd.so.0’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
ERROR 2022-06-24 17:27:29,307 [wine.game_exe:521]:The game doesn’t have an executable
INFO 2022-06-24 17:27:29,308 [runner.use_runtime:278]:Runtime disabled by system configuration
ERROR 2022-06-24 17:27:29,349 [lutriswindow.on_game_error:678]:Trove (wine) has encountered an error: This game has no executable set. The install process didn’t finish properly.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/exceptions.py”, line 56, in wrapper
return function(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/game.py”, line 462, in configure_game
gameplay_info = self.get_gameplay_info()
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/game.py”, line 423, in get_gameplay_info
raise self.get_config_error(gameplay_info)
lutris.exceptions.GameConfigError: This game has no executable set. The install process didn’t finish properly.

What linux flavor do you have? Ubuntu?
To be honest your Problem seems to be a system wide problem. If this the only game you have installed, backup the save data of the game and reinstall lutris and the game.

It’s Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. I forgot to add that on my first post.
I’m thinking about reinstalling the entire system, making a backup wouldn’t be a problem for me. Do you think this could be a good idea?
Since it’s a MMO I wouldn’t have any issues with save data.

Reinstalling Lutris and the game didn’t give any solutions, so I’m gonna try reinstalling Ubuntu from scratch.

Reinstalling the system from scratch changed nothing. I guess I’ll take a break from playing Trove until I can afford a better computer. Anyways, thanks for trying to help me.