Troubles with Atlantis 2

Hello all. I’m trying to run Atlantis 2: Beyond Atlantis, from a GOG installer. I’ve tried different ways and have had different problems.

I’m using Fedora 40 KDE, AMD Radeon RX 6800. More tech info from the --submit-issue report here: Ubuntu Pastebin

There are 4 different cases, but as a new user I can only use 2 links in a topic, so I’ve pasted all the error logs here: Ubuntu Pastebin
Please see below for what happens in each case.

1. Lutris has a script for the game, however trying to use it fails before the installer even starts.
    Error log starts at line 3 of the link above.
    The main issue seems to be cp: /home/user/.local/share/lutris/runtime/steam/amd64/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libattr.so.1: version 'ATTR_1.3' not found (required by cp)

2. If I install without the script, just by selecting the downloaded installer, the installation works just fine, and the game also works just fine. However, if I try to switch out of the window with Alt+Tab, it crashes.
    Error log starts at line 99 of the link above.
    The main issue seems to be wine: RLIMIT_NICE is <= 20, unable to use setpriority safely

3. Next, I tried to enable GameScope, as I’ve found it can fix issues like this. However, trying to start it with GS enabled, the game crashes.
    Error log starts at line 138 of the link above.
    The main issue seems to be gamescope: symbol lookup error: /lib64/libwlroots-0.18.so: undefined symbol: cmsDeleteContext

4. I read that “Disable Lutris Runtimes” can help in some cases, so I tried to set this config next. Doing this prevents the crash, but the game never starts at all, without crashing.
    Error log starts at line 173 of the link above.
    If I actively monitor the log, it seems to hang on this line: gamemodeauto:

Idealy, I’m looking for any way to run the game without it crashing if I Alt+Tab. Any advice to get past any of these issues?

Hi,
Weird one indeed. cp erroring on a fairly standard system library…is worrying even for flatpak, and flatpak Lutris doesn’t install its own commands.
Same for that wget winetricks call - bombs out on a standard library.
Check whether you have any alternative commands in your path? Any library environment overrides? Any other app locking down your flatpaks?

The GoG installer (non-auto) creates a 32 bit prefix. Try repeat skipping runtimes, leave gamescope off, and change the runner to the standard WINE staging (assuming you installed 32 bit and the pre-reqs)

With the current flatpak, remember to update your winetricks if you haven’t already
~/.var/app/net.lutris.Lutris/data/lutris/runtime/winetricks/winetricks --self-update

It’s not a flatpak, it’s from Fedora’s repositories (rpm). Version 0.5.17.

winetricks wasn’t installed, I added it. Also I configured it like you said, none of it made a difference however.

which cp just returns /usr/bin/cp so it doesn’t seem like my path affects it.

EDIT: (It seems that lutris is still using its own winetricks after system-wide has been installed. ~/.local/share/lutris/runtime/winetricks/winetricks --self-update didn’t change anything either.

I found a post from a previous user saying they had issues with the mv command failing for similar reasons - a library reference in the steam runtime - and temporarily renamed it (~/.local/share/lutris/runtime/steam) to get things installed.

I’ve got a script that installs the git version of Lutris, and don’t have that directory, nor does the flatpak (just for testing) maybe it is from an old version?

As the log mentioned a flatpak path, I thought you might be running it, and the way sandboxes mess with things, it seemed like a likely candidate at the time :slight_smile:

Edit: You may have noticed already - the path for the .exe is wrong. The GoG install probably got updated so the registered script needs a tweak. The auto script works.