Transaction test error (file conflicts) when trying to install Lutris via dnf on Fedora 37

Running dnf install lutris results in the following:

Transaction check succeeded.
Running transaction test
The downloaded packages were saved in cache until the next successful transaction.
You can remove cached packages by executing 'dnf clean packages'.
Error: Transaction test error:
  file /usr/share/doc/libffi/README.md from install of libffi-3.4.4-1.fc37.i686 conflicts with file from package libffi-3.4.2-9.fc37.x86_64
  file /usr/share/licenses/libffi/LICENSE from install of libffi-3.4.4-1.fc37.i686 conflicts with file from package libffi-3.4.2-9.fc37.x86_64
  file /usr/share/licenses/libzstd/LICENSE from install of libzstd-1.5.4-1.fc37.i686 conflicts with file from package libzstd-1.5.2-3.fc37.x86_64
  file /usr/share/licenses/SDL2/LICENSE.txt from install of SDL2-2.26.3-1.fc37.i686 conflicts with file from package SDL2-2.26.0-1.fc37.x86_64

Running sudo dnf upgrade --allowerasing --best and sudo dnf update and then trying again does not appear to resolve the issue.

That’s rather silly of them… they shouldn’t be including the documentation in the lib32 package counterparts. This is a problem with your package database, not the lutris RPM you are trying to install.

It’s just doc files… it should be fine to force transactions. If dnf won’t let you do that, download the rpm and do

rpm -i --force lutris-whateveritis.rpm

–replacefiles should actually be enough for this (force actually enables --replacefiles, --replacepkgs, --oldpackage)

Another “just do it” switch (use with extreme caution) is --nodeps but that’s not applicable here. You can force just about any rpm to install with --nodeps --force

For now, until you find a way to fix it. (Seems to me the packages would need to be rebuilt to fix that properly)

That seems to have worked. Thanks!