Torchlight II won't launch through Lutris

Nope. Running at 2560x1440 with these settings from Lutris.

I’ve been playing Torchlight II via Steam (I don’t have my Steam games in Lutris), and I recently had that issue of textures on the characters flickering.

It started for me a few days ago when I got a mesa package update.

I’m using the Kisak mesa PPA. The recent update to 20.0.6 resulted in flickering. I went back to 20.0.5 and I do not have flickering issues.

Welp, now the flickering is happen no matter whether I launch it through Lutris or not.

Had an update of mesa drivers yesterday and now I have this issue too. When disabling hardware skinning the flickering disapears…

I’m at mesa 20.0.6-1 btw.

:slight_smile:

The Kisak mesa PPA updated to 20.0.7 for me today. Works fine now. For me, only 20.0.6 was problematic.

1 Like

Ah. Nice. Then the problem was reported and the devs made a fix for it.

What’s Kisak mesa?

That’s a person who is maintaining a PPA (repository) which you can add to your software sources. That is when you’re running a Debian like OS which uses the apt packaging system.

I see. Since I’m running Arch I guess I’ll just wait for it to update. Shouldn’t be too long.

Yep, Mesa 20.0.7 fixed it for me too. Cool!

It’s being tested on Fedora. When enabling the Fedora test repositories it should be available. I will wait for release though.

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/mesa

Fedora got the update today. Yay!

1 Like

Manjaro got the update too. Version 20.0.7-3.

A quick note for anyone using the Kisak Mesa PPA, it looks like it has been split into a ‘fresh’ and a ‘turtle’ branch. The turtle is focused more on stability. The ‘fresh’ branch just updated to 20.1.

If you’re on the old PPA, you might get an error.

Simply run:
apt update
and you’ll be given the option to update to the fresh branch.