The Witcher 2 (Sort of) Launches

When I start The Witcher 2 - GOG, Gallium Nine - I get the wine desktop for approximately 3 seconds, then it closes and gameplay never starts. If, in that 3 or so seconds, I double-click the Witcher 2 icon, then I get the game launcher and can continue playing. Is there a way to either extend the time that the wine desktop stays open or to get the game launcher to autostart when the desktop comes up? This problem persists even with newer wine versions. BTW, game runs fine once I’m in.

edit: Here is the output of lutris -d
Running /home/violaian/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-fshack-5.4-x86_64/bin/wine /mnt/Backup/Games/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-enhanced-edition/drive_c/GOG Games/The Witcher 2/bin/witcher2.exe
Initial process has started with pid 8561
Game is considered started.
Game is considered exited.
Initial process has exited.
All children have exited.
Exit with returncode 256

Check the contents of the desktop link (by default it should be in drive_c/users/<username>/Desktop); either by hand (while LNK format is binary, the actual link is stored as text), or using a script. If it doesn’t point to the same file as the game link in Lutris, try changing executable path in the link. Otherwise, try running the file manually (with “Run EXE inside wine prefix” option).