The Sims Deluxe Edition CD2 not recognized by installer

Hello, a friend is trying to install the SIMS Deluxe Edition on Manjaro KDE and for some reason the installer won’t recognize the second CD even when she mounts it with Gnome Disks. Has anyone stumbled upon this before?

It happens, games can have several release and there can be minor differences between releases. In your case, my guest would be the CD doesn’t have the require file or the name has been changed ie case.

The script isn’t using the select CD dialog, it runs an setup.exe in wine, it’s wine not finding the disc. Did you mount all disc before run the script, wine sometimes has problems swapping discs.

Every possible mounting method has been tried. Mounting both disks before the install, switching disks, mounting on /mnt/,/media/,/run/media/$USER/,/home/$USER/,in the same dir as the isos. Literally everything. She’s on Manjaro KDE.

So Wine recognizes the disks in winecfg but the installer doesn’t recognize the second drive. The only logical solution for me imo is that there’s something wrong with the second CD.

Currently in the same spot. Running Xubuntu, only one disc drive, so I can’t pre-mount 2nd cd anywhere.Lutris gets through 95% of the install, then asks for 2nd disc. “Disc not found”

I do notice though, looking at mounted volumes, with Lutris running, the 2nd CD directory has nothing in it. When I eject the cd, it tells me it is in use by lutris and have to force eject.
If I open the 2nd disc w/o lutris running, I can see the files in it just fine.

I’m running store bought factory discs and am having the same issue as you basically.

Anyone have a solution to second cd not detected yet?

Found this thread after encountering the same issue. Since there’s no solution, I started troubleshooting myself. This was actually pretty simple to fix after a few minutes of investigating;

If you look inside /home/$USER/Games/the-sims/dosdevices, which was my install location, you’ll see all the drives. They are symlinks. In my case, d: is the CDROM, it links to /run/media/$USER/The Sims Deluxe, which is where Lutris mounted CD1 (after I had mounted it somewhere else).

I simply removed that symlink, and created a new symlink where d: now pointed to my CD2 mount position. Continue the install, and when it asks for CD1, simply restore the old symlink so that it once again points to /run/media/$USER/The Sims Deluxe.

Done! Now the issue remains that if I play in virtual window mode, the resolution is too large, but it’s playable in fullscreen at least!