The Sims 4 (origin) without .exe file

I just installed The Sims 4, and everything went fine. Origin opened, but the game won’t launch because there is no file to be opened.
I went to the Browse Files, and went in the /Games/the-sims-4/drive-c/ProgramFiles(x86)/OriginGames which is empty. So basically, I installed Origin, but the game itself is missing.
I tried to install the game as a non-origin game, giving the rld-thesims4.iso (I downloaded the game outside Lutris to see if I could install it on the platform using this tutorial Very Brief tutorial on manually installing a game in Lutris but it fails everytime) but it doesn’t recognize the file. Says there is no game library.
What can I do to play this game?

Did you install Sims 4 through the installer on the site? Because that only gets your Origin installed and setup for it, you have to then open Origin (try ‘run exe inside wine prefix’ and navigating to origin.exe) and then install the game itself from inside Origin.
(This assumes you were using the Origin install and not a disc or something like that.)

Open origin, then aplication setting in origin tab, then install and saves and check whats game library location

Yeah, it’s from inside lutris. And I tried installing from inside, but it won’t open eitherway.

I found an old post from 2014 where people were having issues with Origin.ee just up and disappearing after an update. Not sure if the given steps will still work since I don’t have the issue to test on though obviously since it gives you a link to origin files to download (from origin themself) that would be quite out of date now but maybe you can find some information there?

1 Like