SWTOR no longer launching

Last night, SWTOR on Lutris was working fine. When I tried starting the game today, however, Lutris says the game is playing but the launcher doesn’t show. It did for a couple seconds the first time I tried, and I think BioWare released a new version of the launcher today. So it could be that (a Google search seems to suggest that BioWare have a habit of screwing up new launcher versions), but I’m a Linux newbie and I want to know if others are having problems getting SWTOR to play through Lutris. If not, then hopefully someone can help me untangle what I did to cause this.

I have the same issue, did you find a solution yet ?
EDIT : This is the log :
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
fixme:file:SetDefaultDllDirectories (800): stub
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x33cb6c, overlapped 0x179b0b8): stub
fixme:winsock:WSALookupServiceBeginW (0x33cc18 0x00000ff0 0x33cc54) Stub!
[0802/172542:ERROR:network_change_notifier_win.cc(111)] WSALookupServiceBegin failed with: 8
fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsW (0x17ab38,0x39fe6e4,0x1fc0004),stub!
fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsW RAS support is not implemented! Configure program to use LAN connection/winsock instead!
[0802/172542:ERROR:proxy_config_service_win.cc(159)] WinHttpGetIEProxyConfigForCurrentUser failed: 2
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded

My log has some similarities, but they aren’t a complete match.

wine: cannot find L"C:\windows\system32\winemenubuilder.exe"
err:wineboot:ProcessRunKeys Error running cmd L"C:\windows\system32\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2)
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
fixme:file:SetDefaultDllDirectories (800): stub
err:module:import_dll Library webio.dll (which is needed by L"C:\windows\system32\WINHTTP.dll") not found
err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x33cb8c, overlapped 0xffae10): stub
fixme:winsock:WSALookupServiceBeginW (0x33cc38 0x00000ff0 0x33cc74) Stub!
[0802/115030:ERROR:network_change_notifier_win.cc(111)] WSALookupServiceBegin failed with: 8
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded

Unfortunately I do not have a solution as yet.

Edit: I just popped over to the SWTOR forums and found that there are significant issues with the latest launcher update, which is apparently taking around 45 minutes to finish updating for some. I’m going to just let Lutris claim SWTOR is playing for an hour or so and see if it is actually updating anything. I also made a post on the SWTOR forums with both my old log and a newer one where some of my issues seem to have been worked out (but the launcher still isn’t there). We’ll see what happens.

The missing debio.dll I had too in previous logs, I don’t know why it didn’t show in that one.

I saw too on reddit and winehq that there’s a lot of issues with their launcher update.
Did let the game run for a bit work ?

A kindly player on the SWTOR forums directed me to this (temporary) workaround:

I tried it last night and can verify that it does work, although using this method to play cost me all of my custom UI changes but that’s a small price to pay (not sure why it happened, though). Jedipedia did miss one thing to get this to work, but another redditor pointed it out: before trying to launch after following Jedipedia’s instructions you will need to delete the Patch folder in your launcher.exe file location.

Link to my SWTOR forum forum thread where I was told of the workaround: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=929102

Hope the workaround works as well for you as it has for me. :smiley:

Thank you, I will try this.