Surviving The Aftermath

Has anyone gotten Surviving The Aftermath to run? If so how? This game is available from Epic Games and is not available on Steam. After EA then it should be in the Steam store. From the same people that created Surviving Mars.

I am still trying to get this to work.

I tried installing it to my satisfactory wine prefix. It works up to setting up a game. It starts to create a new game then just freezes. No error messages. It might be going really slow but I suspect dependency issues. Does anyone have any idea what it might need? I just added a repo: graphics-drivers/ppa. I now have NVIDIA 440.64 but that doesn’t appear to change anything. I wish it would at least give an error message. Later today I will try running Lutris from a konsole and post if I get an error message. Maybe that will give a clue. Kubuntu 19.10.

Still no response? Maybe it needs to be bumped.

It is working for me at the moment. I’m running it from Steam with GE-Proton-7-18.
I checked for you and GE-Proton-7-14, the latest version currently available within Lutris runners API, works as well.

Nice thing is I didn’t have to customise Proton Wine prefix, the only thing I did was install the GE-Proton-7-14 release into ~/.steam/root/compatibilitytools.d, restart Steam and force Steam to use that Proton version for Surviving the Aftermath (right click in the Library, Properties, Compatibility, Force the use…).

You mention Epic Store - sadly I don’t have a non-Steam version of the game to write an installer YAML, but you might be able to use this wine runner version:

"version": "lutris-GE-Proton7-14",
"architecture": "x86_64",
"url": "https://github.com/GloriousEggroll/wine-ge-custom/releases/download/GE-Proton7-14/wine-lutris-GE-Proton7-14-x86_64.tar.xz",

which is GloriousEggroll’s repackage of Proton fixes etc for non-Steam purposes.
I found a Lutris installer for Cities: Skylines, which also uses Paradox Launcher, just like Surviving the Aftermath.

See Epic Store version here: Cities: Skylines - Lutris

Hope this helps!

1 Like