Successfully installed game opens for a split second and closes

Hello, I’m trying to play call of Juarez gunslinger on lutris v 0.5.22. I installed the game via .exe files, successfully i’d say as the installing setup popped up and installed it. Everything looks fine, there is the new folder with the files for the game and the .exe. The problem is that when i launch the .exe (always via Wine on lutris) it looks like the game is launching (i see the appimage on my bar) but it shows a black screen for a second and then it closes.

Those are the output logs:

wine:20369): GStreamer-WARNING **: 15:52:33.401: Failed to load plugin '/home/emanuele/.local/share/Steam/compatibilitytools.d/GE-Proton10-34/files/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/libgstlegacyrawparse.so': /home/emanuele/.local/share/Steam/compatibilitytools.d/GE-Proton10-34/files/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/libgstlegacyrawparse.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
gamemodeauto: dlopen failed - libgamemode.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
gamemodeauto: dlopen failed - libgamemode.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
gamemodeauto: dlopen failed - libgamemode.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
gamemodeauto: dlopen failed - libgamemode.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
gamemodeauto: dlopen failed - libgamemode.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
gamemodeauto: dlopen failed - libgamemode.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
gamemodeauto: dlopen failed - libgamemode.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[umu.umu_run:740] DEBUG: Child 20206 exited with wait status: 0
Monitored process exited.
Initial process has exited (return code: 0)
All processes have quit
Exit with return code 0

And that’s the output of lutris --submit-issue:

The Battle.net source is unavailable because Google protobuf could not be loaded: No module named 'google'

Any help is very help appreciated, thanks! :grin:

Hiii, I had this problem this morning and changing the wine runtime my game was launching with helped.

Right click on your game > Configure > Runner Options > Switch Wine version to “wine-ge-8-2-x86_64”.

A recent update set the default version of wine used to run games to “GE-Proton (Latest)” which seems to be causing this issue for some people.

It’s because the game will crash and abort on the intro video instead of just failing and continuing. I had that happen with COJ Gunslinger several months ago. It was 32 bit gstreamer related.

I didn’t think to try wine-ge-8-2-x86_64 at that time, but what I did to fix it was compile a 32 bit only Wine runner for it, with wine gstreamer disabled (–without-gstreamer) and install wmp9 codecs in the prefix with winetricks.

Good to know about wine-ge-8, as that is a good legacy wine runner for old games. I use it for Dragon Age Inquisition, as I couldn’t for the life of me get that game to run with anything else supplied by lutris, or compiled by me.